Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jezero Delta Campaign, Sols 414-1000
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Perseverance- Mars 2020 Rover
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
rob66
Debris ? ln the middle /left of that last gigpan (843)

serpens
The scrape marks in the sand seem to confirm debris. There appear to be perforations in the material. Part of the multilayer insulation from the sky crane?
scalbers
Here's a 360 degree mosaic panorama from Sol 843 with a large version link. Thanks to Paul for image and camera navigation info and to Kevin Gill for the raw image utilities that all help prep the images for my processing steps.

Click to view attachment

Extended drive animation from Sol 394 to the present.
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 845
© NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS/ASU/NeV-T
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 846
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 847
Phil Stooke
This is Steve's panorama for sol 843 in circular form. Paul has just pointed out to me that the rock in the workspace is called Ypsilon Lake.

Phil

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 847
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 849
serpens
Interesting paper on research conducted on Máaz and Séítah.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-023-06143-z

Cerium (3+) has been identified in Martian meteorites and is a mimic for biosignatures in Raman spectrum.
scalbers
Here's a 360 degree mosaic panorama from Sol 848 with a large version link. Thanks to Paul for image and camera navigation info and to Kevin Gill for the raw image utilities that all help prep the images for my processing steps.

Click to view attachment

Extended drive animation from Sol 394 to the present.
scalbers
And a rough version that includes a synthetic sky. The position of the sun in the sky can be estimated by looking at the camera shadow and surrounding brightening of the surface. I think the size of the saturated solar aureole is fairly realistic given my goal to preserve proportional brightnesses throughout the panorama.

Click to view attachment
Phil Stooke
Here is Steve's panorama for sol 848 in circular form.

Phil

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 856
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 857
tau
Sol 856 SuperCam Remote Micro-Imager mosaic no. 1

Click to view attachment
tau
Sol 856 SuperCam Remote Micro-Imager mosaic no. 2

Click to view attachment
tau
Sol 856 Mastcam-Z and sol 854 Navcam context for the sol 856 SuperCam mosaics

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
tau
Sol 856 Mastcam-Z left eye filters 1 to 6 multispectral principal components mosaic

Click to view attachment
scalbers
360 degree mosaic panorama from Sol 854 with a large version link. Thanks to Paul for image and camera navigation info and to Kevin Gill for the raw image utilities that all help prep the images for my processing steps.

Click to view attachment

360 degree mosaic panorama from Sol 856 with a large version link.

Click to view attachment

Extended drive animation from Sol 394 to the present. Motion since Sol 848 is to the WSW.
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 859
tau
Sol 858 SuperCam Remote Micro-Imager mosaic with sol 856 Navcam context

tau
Sol 858 Mastcam-Z context for the sol 858 SuperCam mosaic and Mastcam-Z left eye filters 1 to 6 multispectral principal components

tau
The abrasion patch from sol 858 in a sol 860 Mastcam-Z left eye filter 0 raw image (black frame omitted),
left eye filters 1 to 6 (visible to nearest infrared light) multispectral principal components,
and right eye filters 1 to 6 (infrared light) multispectral principal components

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Bill Harris
QUOTE (tau @ Jul 23 2023, 09:21 AM) *
Sol 856 Mastcam-Z left eye filters 1 to 6 multispectral principal components mosaic

Click to view attachment

Fascinating images per usual, Tau. But I've noticed that the rock types have become quite pedestrian, so I'll assume that we are traveling one of the arms of the delta. I'm looking forward to getting on top where we'll have interesting distributary channels, etc, to view.

--Bill
serpens
We are on top of the delta but still on the eroded ejecta blanket from Belva crater.
scalbers
360 degree mosaic panorama from Sol 866 with a large version link. Thanks to Paul for image and camera navigation info and to Kevin Gill for the raw image utilities that all help prep the images for my processing steps.

Click to view attachment

Extended drive animation from Sol 394 to the present. Motion since Sol 856 is to the W.
scalbers
Same with added sky, having an estimated solar elevation of 46 degrees:

Click to view attachment
Phil Stooke
Catching up:

Steve's panorama for sol 854 in circular form:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Phil
Phil Stooke
And the same for sol 856:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Phil
Phil Stooke
And the same for sol 866:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Phil
tau
Sol 843 enhanced Mastcam-Z panorama looking west towards Neretva vallis. The bottom of the vallis is hidden behind the foreground.
Sol 866 Mastcam-Z panorama as context for Sol 843 panorama with some parallax in the lower part of the inset image due to the changed position of the rover.
The planned rover traverse leads first towards and along Neretva vallis and then uphill to the left (south).

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
tau
A heavily eroded stone. Its outer layer appears to be more resistant to sandblasting than the interior.
Sol 366 Mastcam-Z raw image, enhanced image, and anaglyph.

tau
Sol 870 Mastcam-Z left eye filter 0 raw image and filters 1 to 6 multispectral image

Phil Stooke
https://mars.nasa.gov/mars2020/multimedia/r...AM05155_1100LMJ

This is a new Mastcam image of Ingenuity, one of the best we have ever had. It looks like it has some dirt - not just dust - on its solar panel.

Phil

Click to view attachment
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 872
mcaplinger
QUOTE (Phil Stooke @ Aug 2 2023, 03:10 PM) *
It looks like it has some dirt - not just dust - on its solar panel.

I think those are just the antenna and diodes that have always been on the panel, seen at an oblique angle.
fredk
Right - compare with this frame:
scalbers
360 degree mosaic panorama from Sol 868 with a large version link. Thanks to Paul for image and camera navigation info and to Kevin Gill for the raw image utilities that all help prep the images for my processing steps.

Click to view attachment

Same for Sol 870 with a large version link.

Click to view attachment

Extended drive animation from Sol 394 to the present. Motion is to the W then NW since Sol 866.
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 871
scalbers
360 degree mosaic panorama from Sol 871 with a large version link. Thanks to Paul for image and camera navigation info and to Kevin Gill for the raw image utilities that all help prep the images for my processing steps.

Click to view attachment

Same for Sol 872 with a large version link.

Click to view attachment

Extended drive animation from Sol 394 to the present. Motion is to the north since Sol 870.
tau
Sol 874 Sherloc Watson camera raw image, enhanced image, and anaglyph.
The purple coating (if it is one) appears to have small-scale inhomogeneities.

rob66
[code][/code]
QUOTE (tau @ Aug 6 2023, 02:44 PM) *
Sol 874 Sherloc Watson camera raw image, enhanced image, and anaglyph.
The purple coating (if it is one) appears to have small-scale inhomogeneities.

Ate those lozenge shaped objects translucent? Looks like the one lower left had been zapped by the laser
PaulH51
QUOTE (tau @ Aug 6 2023, 09:44 PM) *
Sol 874 Sherloc Watson camera raw image, enhanced image, and anaglyph....

3D model of 'Pilot Mountain' on SketchFab: https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/m2020-watso...7829d274dcdf634
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 868
xflare
QUOTE (neville thompson @ Aug 7 2023, 04:19 PM) *

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 868

Giving me Gusev Crater flashbacks
tau
Sol 874 images taken after sunset obviously with perpendicular artificial illumination:
- Sherloc Watson camera image with enhanced colors,
- focus-stacking of 31 raw images of Sherloc Autofocus and Context Imager (ACI),
- combination of color from Watson and detail from ACI.
Unfortunately, the interesting purple coating is out of focus on the right side of the ACI images.

Phil Stooke
"I think those are just the antenna and diodes that have always been on the panel, seen at an oblique angle."

"Right - compare with this frame:"

oh yeah... now I see it! Sorry about that.

Phil
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 865-866
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 874
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.