Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jezero Delta Campaign, Sols 414-1000
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Perseverance- Mars 2020 Rover
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
Phil Stooke
The sol 434 panorama in circular form - I only had time to use the top tier of frames from the full resolution 4x4 Navcams.

Phil

Click to view attachment
PaulH51
A drive on sol 436 takes the rover closer to the bacon smile.gif
Assembled in MS-ICE
Click to view attachment
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 429-W
© NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS/ASU/NeV-T
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 429-N
tau
Sol 436 Mastcam-Z with enhanced colors and anaglyph of a layered outcrop at Hawksbill Gap

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
tau
Sol 436 SuperCam Remote Micro-Imager mosaic with Mastcam-Z context and sol 435 Navcam context.
The bright stripe at the lower edge of the SuperCam mosaic is part of the so-called "Bacon strip" at Hawksbill Gap.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Keltos
QUOTE (tau @ May 13 2022, 05:40 PM) *
Sol 436 SuperCam Remote Micro-Imager mosaic with Mastcam-Z context and sol 435 Navcam context.
The bright stripe at the lower edge of the SuperCam mosaic is part of the so-called "Bacon stripe" at Hawksbill Gap.

first one is a beaut Tau !!
Phil Stooke
Circular view on sol 436, near the base of the slope.

Phil

Click to view attachment
PaulH51
Abother drive closer to the bacon on Sol 437

Click to view attachment
Phil Stooke
Paul kindly let me use his assembled Navcams for a mosaic which let me produce this circular view for sol 437, saving me quite a bit of time. Thanks, Paul!

Phil

Click to view attachment
tau
Sol 437 SuperCam Remote Micro-Imager mosaic with context by Mastcam-Z and Navcam

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
PaulH51
Another drive closer to the bacon: Sol 439

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Keltos
at the interface sol 439

stitched in photoshop and msice, location aprrox at end of blue line
Phil Stooke
This circular view for sol 439 is compiled using Paul's Navcam images. Thanks, Paul!

Phil

Click to view attachment
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 437
PaulH51
2 of the 5 end-of-drive 4-tile NavCams after the sol 441 drive to site 25/0000, map not yet updated, but it looks like a drive to the north (beyond the large ripples) and then westwards in the direction of Hawksbill Gap

I have assembled one further 4-tile NavCam, but the remaining end-of drive NavCam's currently have a number of missing tiles or suffer from some data drop out. Hopefully those issues will be addressed in the next downlink.
Keltos
another 4 navcams of point a

layers are 3 per cleat space or 3.7 cm
Phil Stooke
This circular panorama was compiled using Paul's Navcam images. Thanks, Paul! It wasn't easy to get them to fit together because quite a lot of the horizon is missing, but it worked in the end. Uphill a bit and then a left turn.

Phil

Click to view attachment
tau
Sol 442 SuperCam Remote Micro-Imager mosaic with Navcam context

tau
Sol 443 Mastcam-Z
1. Left eye raw image. A SuperCam RMI imaging of the bright stone in the center could be interesting.
2. Left eye filters 1 to 6 multispectral principal components. Five laser impacts are faintly visible on the yellowish slab.
3. Anaglyph

Cherurbino
On Sol 441 one of the wheels uncovered the ocher/terracota-colored layer under the thin 'common dust' stratum and (crushed? / smashed? / smeared?) it. What substance can this layer consist of?

Link to the full-res NAVCAM_LEFT photo NLF_0441_0706100331_824ECM_N0250000NCAM03441_10_195J01 is here.

Attachment: clipping from this photo in 4x magnification
PaulH51
This one took a long time to arrive, but it was worth the wait smile.gif

end-of-drive NavCam from sol 443, roughly assembled / processed

Click to view attachment
Phil Stooke
This is the sol 443 circular pan, constructed from the frames Paul kindly prepared.

Phil

Click to view attachment
PaulH51
Looks like a short drive to the West on Sol 448:
8-tile (4x2) mid-drive NavCam at site 25/0294 roughly assembled in MS-ICE
Click to view attachment

EDIT: I've editted the description as this was aquired during a pause mid-drive.

The drive continued further to the west, but the post drive images are incomplete at the time of this post
Phil Stooke
This is from earlier in the mission but I didn't want to bury it in an old thread, so I hope you will forgive me for posting it here.

I have been going through the Analysts Notebook in PDS, collecting the uplink and downlink reports and trying to condense them into a reasonable narrative. This is for sols 1-178 only but more will follow.

It is not complete and needs editing - it still has some little notes to myself to look something up, and I am aware it is repetitive and not very exciting (it's not a novel, after all). But I post it here in case anyone finds it useful. It is just a plain text file.

Phil

Click to view attachment

(PS you have no idea how time-consuming this is)
PaulH51
The drive on sol 448 had at least two stops for imaging. Here's one of the end-of-drive NavCams roughly merged with two later images that included a little more of the horizon that was missed due to the >10 degree roll of the rover, hopefully using those additional tiles might assist Phil to compile the polar view smile.gif
Click to view attachment
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 446
Phil Stooke
This is the sol 448 panorama in circular form, made using Paul's Navcams. The addition of part of the horizon was very helpful.

Phil

Keltos
Sol 449 mosaic of zcams and the scam closeup (center right of mosaic)
looks like a foamy structure again.. sandstone prob
tau
Sol 449 SuperCam Remote Micro-Imager mosaic with Mastcam-Z context

tau
Another sol 449 SuperCam Remote Micro-Imager mosaic with Navcam context

Phil Stooke
https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/sciadv.abn3783

Great new paper on dust devils and wind gusts in Jezero.

Phil
PaulH51
The L-NavCam workspace after a drive on Sol 449, resized to match the 4 tile versions from a 9-tile version

Roughly assembled in MS-ICEClick to view attachment
Phil Stooke
Well, that was a tricky one but I managed to put Paul's images together (he let me have a full set) - thanks, Paul. Here is the sol 449 circular panorama. It was a small move to put a tasty rock in the workspace.

Phil

Click to view attachment
tau
Sol 450 SuperCam Remote Micro-Imager mosaic no. 1 with Navcam context

tau
Sol 450 SuperCam Remote Micro-Imager mosaic no. 2 with Navcam context

PaulH51
Sol 452 - Contact Science:
The first 1st abrasion of the delta campaign (Hazcam tile and SHERLOC WATSON)
I've rotated the S-WATSON frame to bring it closer to view from the other cameras on the rover
Both images have been cropped / processed

Click to view attachment
Bill Harris
.dupe.
Nahúm
I think this is one of the most beautiful outcrops with a cross bedding seen by Perseverance.
This is a slice of the panorama taken on sol 451.

Click to view attachment
StargazeInWonder
Looking at the horizontal layers in Post #136 (beautiful work, tau!) I wonder if this would mechanically allow a sample that grabs many layers in one tube, and imagine the science that could be performed on Earth, analyzing the differences from one layer to the next, potentially developing an account for how the local (planetary?) environment evolved from one specific martian year (?) to the next at some time in the remote past. It would be curiously specific in relative time, where we'd speak of Year Y, Y+1, etc., without ever knowing precisely when Y was.

This is incredible stuff in these pictures.
Bill Harris
Tau, nice (apparent) grainsize distribution on these micro-images. They suggest higher stream load capacity and variability.

--Bill
tau
The central part of the sol 451 Mastcam-Z panorama with enhanced colors

Click to view attachment
tau
Sol 453 SuperCam Remote Micro-Imager mosaic with sol 449 Mastcam-Z context.
They were obviously taken from different waypoints, hence the distortion of the mosaic in the context image.

tau
Meanwhile, sol 453 Mastcam-Z context images for the sol 453 SuperCam RMI mosaic in the previous post have arrived.
Here are left eye filter 0 RGB context with SuperCam inset, and multispectral filters 1 to 6 principal components.

tau
Sol 453 Mastcam-Z image of the abrasion patch (with enhanced colors).
The surrounding area appears to be heavily disturbed by the abrasion process.

Click to view attachment
tau
Even more colorful - the abrasion area in multispectral images
1. Mastcam-Z sol 453 left eye filter 0 (RGB) raw image for comparison (link to original image)
2. Left eye multispectral filters 1 to 6 principal components
3. Right eye infrared multispectral filters 1 to 6 principal components (unfortunately with strong filter flatfield inhomogeneities)
The pebble at pixel 190 from the left and 430 from the top looks unremarkably gray in image 2, but intensely blue in infrared image 3.

charborob
Sol 454 LMastcam-Z:
Click to view attachment
Phil Stooke
Earlier I posted a map showing potential routes into the delta from a presentation at the MEPAG meeting earlier this month. All presentations can be found here (linked from a PDF of the agenda):

https://www.lpi.usra.edu/mepag/meetings/mepag-39/Agenda.pdf

The Perseverance caching presentation by Farley is in the Tuesday session, top of page 2.

Phil

(PS - you're welcome, 65)
PaulH51
Sol 455: Drive to the north

4-tile NavCam roughly assembled in MS-ICE

Click to view attachment
Phil Stooke
This is a circular view made from a full set of Paul's images from sol 455. Moving uphill. It's interesting that the rocky surface we are sitting on is so much less apparent from the surface than in the HiRISE images. Thanks, Paul, much appreciated.

Phil

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.