Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jezero Delta Campaign, Sols 414-1000
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Perseverance- Mars 2020 Rover
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
tau
Sol 728 SuperCam Remote Micro-Imager mosaic with Mastcam-Z context, Mastcam-Z left eye multispectral principal components, and sol 727 Navcam context

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
tau
Sol 729 SuperCam Remote Micro-Imager mosaic with Mastcam-Z context (this time without SuperCam inset), and sol 728 Navcam context

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
PaulH51
Drive distances in the M20 Waypoint JSON have been revised. The revised distances now appear to concur with the map.
Click to view attachment

QUOTE (Phil Stooke @ Mar 5 2023, 03:53 PM) *
This is a circular pan made from Steve's cylindrical panorama for sol 718 (Steve's date, but Paul called it the mid-point of sol 719, and the JPL map says 718 but puts it in the middle of the 719 drive when you check the distances). I personally think Paul is correct but can't be certain.

Why take mid-point images? The drive was 415 m long, which is a record distance for a single drive. The images may be a chance to check the navigation data for the drive.

I did use one of Paul's original images to patch a bit of the panorama where the horizon was offset.

Phil

PaulH51
Drive on sol 731 to Site: 36/1610

This front-left-Hazcam shows a rather distinctive slab. There's a similar slab in HiRISE about 195 meters from the rover's pre-drive location at Skrinkle Haven. Will need the JSON or the updated map to see if I win a cigar smile.gif Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

PDP8E
Sol 731 -- Clouds Over Jezero -- 4:16 pm
GIF
Click to view attachment
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 732
© NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS/ASU/NeV-T
Gigapan Website
My Website
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 731-E
Gigapan Website
My Website
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 731-S
Gigapan Website
My Website
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 729-E
Gigapan Website
My Website
scalbers
Sol 731 drive panorama with a large version derived from Paul's tiled NavCams and pointing info.

Click to view attachment
scalbers
Sol 732 drive panorama with a large version derived from Paul's tiled NavCams and pointing info.

Click to view attachment

Here is an extended drive animation from Sol 394 to the present. The direction of motion is to the SW between Sols 721, 731, and 732.
Phil Stooke
This is Steve's sol 731 panorama in circular form. I used one of Paul's images to improve a difficult seam in the mosaic.

Phil

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Phil Stooke
And he same for sol 732.

Phil

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
PaulH51
A drive on sol 736 took the rover to site 37/0

Attached are a couple of processed 2x2 post-drive tiled-NavCams (roughly assembled in MS-ICE).
Also attached is a screenshot of the updated map and drive data from JPL's Waypoint JSON URL

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
tau
Sol 736 SuperCam Remote Micro-Imager mosaic

Click to view attachment
tau
Sol 732 Mastcam-Z context for the sol 736 SuperCam Remote Micro-Imager mosaic in the preceding post

Click to view attachment
scalbers
Sol 736 drive panorama with a large version derived from Paul's tiled NavCams and pointing info.

Click to view attachment

Here is an extended drive animation from Sol 394 to the present.
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 721-729
Gigapan Website
My Website
Phil Stooke
Steve's panorama for sol 736 in circular form.

Phil

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
neo56
Noctilucent clouds imaged by Perseverance rover on sol 738 at 5:22 LMST.

Animation of 8 pictures of these clouds between 5:20 and 5:22 LMST.
Click to view attachment
tau
Sol 736 SuperCam Remote Micro-Imager mosaic no. 2 (image rotated to the horizontal to meet upload limits)

Click to view attachment
tau
Sol 732 Mastcam-Z context for the sol 736 SuperCam Remote Micro-Imager mosaic no. 2 in the preceding post

Click to view attachment
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 719
Gigapan Website
My Website
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 721
Gigapan Website
My Website
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 733
Gigapan Website
My Website
fredk
View of Capella and the Kids in Auriga, from just after midnight local time on sol 737:
Click to view attachment
This is the sum of the two aligned differences of two frames, stretched. I'd say we're seeing down to around 7th magnitude, so similar to the naked eye at a dark site. It's a roughly 20 deg field.
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 733-737
Gigapan Website
My Website
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 737
Gigapan Website
My Website
PaulH51
Sol 744 front left hazcam tile of the latest abrasion patch on the delta

Click to view attachment

EDIT: SHERLOC-WATSON (processed)
Click to view attachment
PaulH51
NavCam workspace on Sol 744 (4-tiles)

Click to view attachment
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 737-743
Gigapan Website
My Website
tau
Sol 745 SuperCam Remote Micro-Imager mosaic with sol 745 and sol 741 Mastcam-Z contexts

tau
Sol 745 Mastcam-Z left eye filter 0 (RGB) raw image (black frame omitted),
left eye filters 1 to 6 multispectral principal components, and sol 741 context

neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 746
Gigapan Website
My Website
tau
Sol 746 Mastcam-Z left eye filters 1 to 6 (visible to nearest infrared light) multispectral principal components

Click to view attachment
tdemko
These last two panoramas from Neville and tau have finally revealed something I've been waiting to see within the fluvial successions within the delta: large-scale crossbeds! The exposures up to this point have only shown the upper parts of the point bars, within the exhumed/planed-off scroll bars of the fluvial sediments, where you might expect to see ripple cross-lamination, but here the grain size may have been too coarse for ripples to have formed. There have been some nice graded beds there, though. These last outcrops expose the lower parts of the point bars, where you would expect dunes to have formed during floods, here recorded by large-scale trough cross strata.
tau
Sol 750 Mastcam-Z left eye filter 0 (RGB) enhanced raw image,
left eye filters 1 to 6 multispectral principal components,
and left eye / right eye filter 0 anaglyph

PaulH51
Looking back after a record drive of 328.67 meters (1078.3 ft) on Sol 753 to Site 37/Drive 1798.
Tiled-NavCam roughly assembled in MS-ICE, de-greened in PhotoScape

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 753
charborob
I'm surprised to see all those blocks of massive rock (igneous? basaltic?) on top of the delta. Where could they come from? Ejecta from crater-forming events on igneous terrain around the delta, perhaps?
Gladstoner
QUOTE (charborob @ Apr 5 2023, 09:20 AM) *
I'm surprised to see all those blocks of massive rock (igneous? basaltic?) on top of the delta. Where could they come from? Ejecta from crater-forming events on igneous terrain around the delta, perhaps?

They could be boulders and cobbles from eroded channel deposits. Some of them are quite round.
serpens
Perseverance is on the ejecta blanket of Belva Crater and while this impact would not have penetrated to the Jezero floor the ejecta would have included flood deposits as Gladstoner mentioned, from a depth of up to 200 metres. The shocked sedimentary ejecta would have eroded with the more resistant cobbles to large boulders accumulated over much of the delta's life concentrated on the surface.
vikingmars
Sol 753 : a very nice perspective indeed!
Grab your 3-D glasses and enjoy smile.gif
Click to view attachment
Phil Stooke
https://mastodon.social/@kevinmgill@deepspa...153039094342812

Kevin Gill on Mastodon spots a dust devil in the latest Navcams, sol 755.

Phil
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 757
PaulH51
Weekend workspace captured in this 12-tile front left HazCam from sol 757, roughly assembled in MS-ICE, some seams are visible, but it shows the boulder field rather well.
Click to view attachment
john_s
QUOTE (neville thompson @ Apr 8 2023, 02:05 AM) *
Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 757

Nice! Seems like we're looking south through west in this panorama.

John
tau
Sol 754 SuperCam Remote Micro-Imager mosaic, rotated to the left to meet upload limits

Click to view attachment
tau
Sol 754 Mastcam-Z context for the SuperCam RMI mosaic in the preceding post with three marsonauts for scale.
Behind the second marsonaut we see the north-eastern inner wall of Belva crater.

Click to view attachment
Phil Stooke
From this site:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/semeion/52800841804/

I have taken a panorama for sol 755 and made a circular version with increased contrast. Dust devil at 8 o'clock!

Phil

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.