Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moving south to Victoria
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
AlexBlackwell
QUOTE (tim53 @ Aug 8 2006, 11:54 AM) *
Afternoon, folks. I just registered.

Welcome to UMSFWorld, Tim. And here's an idea for your avatar. cool.gif

P.S. You don't want to know the hoops I had to jump through to track down a copy of your 1993 paper, "Coastal Geomorphology of the Martian Northern Plains." biggrin.gif
Phil Stooke
Yes, that piece of sartorial splendor is very Tim.

Phil
tim53
QUOTE (algorimancer @ Aug 17 2006, 10:34 AM) *
Hit "Add Reply", browse to the file by "File Attachments", click "Add This Attachment", and finally click "Add into Post". Alternately post a link. I'd like to see that pic smile.gif

Okay, trying again...

...nope. When I hit "add this attachment" it goes away, and there is no 'add into post' button anywhere I can find.

-Tim.
AlexBlackwell
QUOTE (tim53 @ Aug 17 2006, 08:44 AM) *
Okay, trying again...
...nope. When I hit "add this attachment" it goes away, and there is no 'add into post' button anywhere I can find.

A little dialog box should have appeared just below the "Browse" and "Add This Attachment" boxes. How large is the attachment, by the way?
algorimancer
QUOTE (tim53 @ Aug 17 2006, 01:44 PM) *
Okay, trying again...

-Tim.

Ah, the file is too big. Looks like the size limit is 1 Meg per post. This leaves the option of further compressing the file or posting a link to it.
kenny
Tim,

There's something wrong with you. You're a Senior Member but also a Newbie, and all your recent posts are numbered as your 7th - which they can't all be ! Are you an alien? If so, you're a highly knowledgeable one, and very welcome...

Kenny
tim53
Okay, let's try this one more time!

Yes, the file was a 2.3MB jpeg. Now it's just a tad under a meg.

-Tim.Click to view attachment
djellison
I set Tim to be a senior member - just a few switches etc to let him attach a >1mb file, but it looks like he went the other way smile.gif

Doug
AlexBlackwell
QUOTE (djellison @ Aug 17 2006, 12:00 PM) *
I set Tim to be a senior member - just a few switches etc to let him attach a >1mb file, but it looks like he went the other way smile.gif

Doug, you should plaster this on UMSF's home page or wherever:

UMSF Rule #1 - Doug Ellison is absolute czar of this group. His actions need no explanation; however, if he decides to give one, consider it an act of grace.

UMSF Rule #2 - When in doubt, refer to Rule #1.
Tom Tamlyn
I was going to mention that "newbie" next to Tim's name looked particularly jarring.

TTT
ElkGroveDan
QUOTE (djellison @ Aug 17 2006, 02:00 PM) *
I set Tim to be a senior member - just a few switches etc to let him attach a >1mb file,

Be sure you give him 9.6mb of space in the event he decides to attach a clean full res of the MOC C-PROTO S1100471 we've all been waiting for.
Nix
uh, off topic, is Doug's next post #5000? ohmy.gif

Nico
jabe
QUOTE (Nix @ Aug 17 2006, 11:07 PM) *

Nico

I hope it is a witty comment... 5000 comes around only once...well so does 4999..well..maybe any post number. wink.gif
cheers
jb
CosmicRocker
QUOTE (djellison @ Aug 17 2006, 05:00 PM) *
... to let him attach a >1mb file, ...
Ahh, so there are perks associated with becoming a senior member. Ok, no more combining multiple messages into one post for me, and expect many random and somewhat irrelevant comments, now that I have finally crept nearer to the threshold. Oh, and perhaps good news for some, no more wasting time on long-winded geologizing. laugh.gif

Well, mabe not. wink.gif
djellison
QUOTE (CosmicRocker @ Aug 18 2006, 05:56 AM) *
Ahh, so there are perks associated with becoming a senior member.

Yup - and it's entirely at my discression who does and doesnt become one. smile.gif It was simply a case of giving someone the option to attach a larger image than 1mb. Not something I normally do (and not something I'll be doing very often in the future) but I think we can all agree this was a special case.

Doug
Tesheiner
QUOTE (ElkGroveDan @ Aug 18 2006, 12:44 AM) *
Be sure you give him 9.6mb of space in the event he decides to attach a clean full res of the MOC C-PROTO S1100471 we've all been waiting for.

I'll second that! biggrin.gif
Tesheiner
QUOTE (Nix @ Aug 18 2006, 01:07 AM) *

Nico

It's 5000 now!
What about that "Part of the furniture" group for 5000+ posts, Doug? laugh.gif
CosmicRocker
Yep, as it should be. I wasn't complaining, but just trying to inject some humor, and point out some inescapable issues with the simple metric. But as you point out, the fine tuning is fully under your control, and I didn't fully appreciate that.
edstrick
I guess now we need to be watching for ... and dreading... post # 6666 ?
algorimancer
QUOTE (tim53 @ Aug 17 2006, 04:47 PM) *
Okay, let's try this one more time!

Yes, the file was a 2.3MB jpeg. Now it's just a tad under a meg.

-Tim.Click to view attachment

I'm impressed that the hi resolution coverage was that complete at the time. That's quite a busy map.
gregp1962
I'm not able to find the map that someone labeled using the informal names of the minor craters (Alpha, Beta,gamma,delta, epsilon)

It would be interesting to see that along side other peoples specualtions using pancam and navcam, trying to reconcile what's what. Like this.... http://www.unmannedspaceflight.com/index.p...ost&id=7049 by algorimancer.
algorimancer
QUOTE (gregp1962 @ Aug 18 2006, 12:11 PM) *
I'm not able to find the map that someone labeled using the informal names of the minor craters (Alpha, Beta,gamma,delta, epsilon)

It would be interesting to see that along side other peoples specualtions using pancam and navcam, trying to reconcile what's what.

Here you go,

Click to view attachment

It doesn't show the current position (no new map route?), but it shows the referenced craters and Hawking Rock's presumed location. This is what I was plotting wide baseline photogrammetry results on last night. I forgot to label Gamma, but it's the small crater below the label "Sandsheet". "Waco" used to be Alpha, and Beta is that small crater to the left (west) of Beagle (I'm sure it has a real name now).
djellison
FYI - I'm going to close this thread as we're going to get confused between this and the other Vic thread...

Future discussion here...
http://www.unmannedspaceflight.com/index.p...3056&st=135

Doug
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.