Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beyond Lewis and Clark Gap
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
atomoid
Crumpler's latest brief 7/7/17 post sports an updated geological map, small print readable in the full size source image.

I was hoping someone here fared better than I with the long-baseline station images as noted on Phil's map... efforts hunting for pics through sols 4730-33 and 4736-45 ended in horrendous ICE stitches finally succumbing to depend on singular navcams from sols 4730 x 4736 yielding results conveying less than ugh...

Perhaps the small crater wasn't of significant interest, other than charming dust bowl portrait..
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
RoverDriver
QUOTE (atomoid @ Jul 10 2017, 03:15 PM) *
...Perhaps the small crater wasn't of significant interest, ...

There was some interest but we had to park the vehicle with the solar deck facing North before Conjunction. Unfortunately we have very few rover drivers left on the project which limits the number of planning days for drives. After the Sol 4782 drive we had only *one* planning cycle left as margin. I thought it was cutting too close to stop at the small impact crater.

Paolo
jvandriel
The Navcam L0 view on Sol 4782-Sol 4793.

Jan van Driel

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.