Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paolo's Plunge
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
dvandorn
They're both splendid indirect self-portraits. Both with aesthetically pleasing backgrounds. Of course, the one will remind you of the other... rolleyes.gif

Seriously, these images give you a feeling of "being there," and are therefore both attractive to the eye and memorable.

-the other Doug
Reckless
And it looks like Oppy has put on a bit of weight smile.gif
Roy
Tesheiner
At last!
Since the very first moment she drove down the slope I was waiting for a shot like that.
ilbasso
QUOTE (Reckless @ Mar 22 2008, 05:29 AM) *
And it looks like Oppy has put on a bit of weight smile.gif

And it looks like she could use a good bath!
Tesheiner
Yestersol (sol 1484), more then one month after the last move into the Gilbert layer, Opportunity drove back to Lyell.
Here's the latest fhazcam image.
Click to view attachment

Curiously, she took a "drive-direction" pancam shot after drive looking into the general direction of Cape Verde.
Are we heading there?
Click to view attachment

I'll update the route map later on.
MahFL
I hope we do drive over there.
nprev
Yeah...good-looking target area for sure. All that "talus" from the upper layers; nice collection of specimens, and the intervening terrain doesn't look too bad to traverse.

The major consideration's gotta be hours of sunlight per day for a given spot, though. Doesn't seem like we can afford to be in the shadows at all... sad.gif
CosmicRocker
If that is the latest drive-direction set, I would imagine that the next target is in the foreground, rather than in the background. I am guessing that the next drive will be rather short.
Tesheiner
Three meters. (Sol 1486)
In this slope I wouldn't call it "short". tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.