Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: yellow brick road to the south
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Doc
QUOTE (djellison @ Nov 28 2008, 04:14 PM) *
- and it was remarked just how soft those were given the easy-time that the RAT had chomping into them.

Indeed, infact a thought occured to me that it may be possible to derive hardness on the Moh's scale using RAT data (although Im sure there is a value somewhere unsure.gif ). Comparing voltage from RAT operations from Spirit and Opportunity, one can see that Spirit was the one doing the real work (that's basalt for you!)
glennwsmith
Stu's latest post has inspired a limerick:

Our site has a wonderful poet,
But he's also a pol, don't you know it?
"If I speak of the layers,
T'will bring out the brayers --
So it's better for all just to show it!"
HughFromAlice
QUOTE (Juramike @ Nov 29 2008, 02:14 AM) *
I took a stab at summarizing some stuff I'd read regarding Meridiani geology .............. -Mike

Thanks Mike - appreciate the reply. I'm off on a long bush trip from Alice to the Kimberleys via Perth (!) tomorrow so I can enjoy reading Sullivan/Mangimeli papers etc. on the plane!!
Stu
Sometimes Mars itself seems to present us with a beautiful, natural composition...

Click to view attachment

smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.