Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Victoria ahead...
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
ustrax
QUOTE (dot.dk @ Sep 19 2006, 04:55 PM) *
The ground is really opening up now!! blink.gif ohmy.gif

Look at the height difference of the rim here!

http://qt.exploratorium.edu/mars/opportuni...00P1968L0M1.JPG

HELP! HELP! I'm lost! blink.gif
Where the hell did that big chunk on the left came from?! huh.gif
djellison
That's the near side rim jutting out.

Doug
DEChengst
QUOTE (ustrax @ Sep 19 2006, 05:59 PM) *
HELP! HELP! I'm lost! blink.gif
Where the hell did that big chunk on the left came from?! huh.gif

Piece of ejecta ?
ustrax
QUOTE (DEChengst @ Sep 19 2006, 05:03 PM) *
Piece of ejecta ?

Yes... rolleyes.gif
But where is it located when looking at an orbital view?
remcook
I now see what doug is seeing, and wow! that seems like a large altitude difference! We are up for one hell of a view.

edit - would that be the beacon then?
babboxy
damn is this the whole thing? I thought thats only a small part of it...?!
djellison
So we don't get a double-thread-confusion-thing going on again...

This way gentlemen...
http://www.unmannedspaceflight.com/index.php?showtopic=3205

Doug
jamescanvin
I know we've all moved on to Victoria now, everything else is ancient history, but I was really looking forward to seeing the Emma Dean pan in 3D, it should have looked really nice.

However, looking at the tracking site it looks like all the right eye images (R1267) have been deleted before being downlinked. Obviously a consequence of the full flash over conjunction and that Victoria now takes priority for every last bit.

Quite disappointing, but understandable I guess. Doug, this may be a good question for the next JB Q'n'A, it must be a difficult decision to decide to delete stuff.

James
CosmicRocker
I was not watching as carefully as you apparently were. I'm not sure, but this may be the first time significant images were deleted from the rover's memory before downlinking them. ohmy.gif
jamescanvin
It may be the first, I was tempted to suggest that when I first posted. But it could have happened before without me noticing and I don't know of an easy way of checking the database for this. Probably better just to ask JB. smile.gif

James
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.