Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Google Mars HiRISE base images for Opportunity
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Reckless
Well done Eduardo and thanks for all the work you've done.
Your updates of the MER routes have always been eagerly awaited buy me and other fans here at unmannedspaceflight and now the whole world of Mars fans can see your hard work. smile.gif
Roy F
polaris
A Gold medal for Eduardo !
Ant103
That's simply GREAT Eduardo ! Congratulations smile.gif
Zeke4ther
Congratulations Eduardo! You deserve the recognition smile.gif

And the tech is pretty cool if updating here means an update to GE. Got to love it! laugh.gif
Tesheiner
QUOTE (Zeke4ther @ Aug 13 2012, 09:26 PM) *
And the tech is pretty cool if updating here means an update to GE.

Not exactly like that. I have a single "database" from where I generate the KMLs posted here and the data feeded to GE, but both are independent paths.
Pando
Hey Eduardo,

This is so very cool. I can't be more amazed at your dedication in providing timely maps for all of us.

As you know, I started tinkering around with Oppy maps here in February 2005, using just MS Paint, often relying on some best guesses on where the rover might be, and that was before Google Earth even existed. You have taken it to a whole another level and way beyond.

Again, congratulations! I sincerely hope that you have the means to do this for MSL as well. smile.gif

Pando
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.