Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sol 12 on onward general imaging
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > Phoenix
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Airbag
QUOTE (Deimos @ Jun 16 2008, 10:37 PM) *
But you may safely assume that none of the images that look like noise were supposed to be the trench or the telltale.

I will sleep better now tonight smile.gif

Airbag
BrianL
QUOTE (Stu @ Jun 16 2008, 11:50 AM) *
"Flat and featureless" eh..?

That was quite enjoyable. As someone with a physical inability to see 3D in a static image, that gives me a taste of what the rest of you can see in the anaglyphs.

Brian
Reckless
Yes very good flyover, speaking as another who cannot see the anaglyphs.
of course we will never be able to land in such rough terrain. smile.gif
roy
Tesheiner
Posts about "UMSF published Images and APODs thread" moved to ... its thread. smile.gif
jamescanvin
I'm confused...

Starting on sol 20 the Peter Pan sequences transitioned to 'near field' work which implies that the horizon pan was done.

However I can't find any images taken (or planned) between 90 and 130 degrees. Am I missing something?

James
Deimos
QUOTE (jamescanvin @ Jun 17 2008, 06:51 PM) *
Starting on sol 20 the Peter Pan sequences transitioned to 'near field' work which implies that the horizon pan was done.

However I can't find any images taken (or planned) between 90 and 130 degrees. Am I missing something?

There've been some interesting choices. There is a list of prioritized images with time of day constraints that depend on direction. Ideally, when a time is available, the highest priority set that fits that time goes into the plan. Ideally they do not wander around in time. There is a 3x2 chunk of horizon missing; a 3x1 (top part) was taken on 22 and was on the lander prior to shutdown. I haven't checked the analysis of what survived shutdown to make it to the AM pass. Many sol 20 pan images were lost when an MRO pass failed and there was too much unsent data for the meager flash--that's an everyday risk.
jamescanvin
Thanks for the quick and detailed reply Mark, an interesting insight into the sol to sol operations.

Glad I haven't missed anything, but sorry some has been lost - looking forward to more when you get it. smile.gif

James
alan
Thread closed, last post moved, ( http://www.unmannedspaceflight.com/index.p...st&p=118457 )

continue here
http://www.unmannedspaceflight.com/index.php?showtopic=5247
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.