Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Processed images from Earth orbiting spacecraft
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Earth & Moon > Earth Observations
Pages: 1, 2
Sean
Here is another film compiled from ISS time-lapse sequences converted to real-time ( except for night sequences which are x2 )

4k version on Youtube

...and an earlier effort I forgot to share...

4k version on Youtube

A single orbit of Earth by the International Space Station in real-time, 408km above the surface.

Made with 9,966 time-lapse photographs from ISS Expedition 57, taken on October 6th 2018.

vikingmars
QUOTE (Sean @ Mar 2 2019, 04:29 PM) *
Here is another film compiled from ISS time-lapse sequences converted to real-time ( except for night sequences which are x2 )

What an incredible movie wheel.gif wheel.gif wheel.gif wheel.gif wheel.gif wheel.gif
Thank you so much Sean !
Sean
Here is a roundup of recent clips

Edge of Darkness

Full 4k version on Youtube

Dr. Soyuzlove

Earthbound

And a preview of an 8k flyby of Tian Shan mountains on Youtube

monty python
Sean. You are a great a film lover. Dr. Strangelove is one of my favorite films. Your video almost made me cry. Thanks.
scalbers
Nice to see the oblique clouds with the sun-glint and shadows in "Earthbound" - key ingredients for realistic simulations. Also just plain fun and inspiring to watch.

In the beginning of "Orbit: Uncut", it's neat to see the color of the sun shift from orange/yellow as it rises through the troposphere, then switches over to white and blue as it enters the stratosphere with the ozone, then back to white as it gets up higher. The idea of a blue sunrise is really out of this world.
Sean
'Nocturne'

...sequel to 'Orbit'.

9 sequences of Night on Earth from Space in real-time.

Trailer

Full version / 4k UHD / 60fps on Youtube
Sean
Waltz of the Stars
Cosmic Views from the International Space Station

photographed by ISS astronauts Thomas Pesquet, Megan McArthur, Terry Virts, Alex Gerst, Shane Kimbrough & Jack Fischer

Here it is on Youtube
Brian Swift
QUOTE (Sean @ Dec 4 2021, 04:23 PM) *
Waltz of the Stars
Cosmic Views from the International Space Station
Here it is on Youtube

Looks great. Can you say what the speed up is vs real-time?
Also, any idea what the two bright stars/planets(?) are at https://youtu.be/DETb68nNZ2A?t=306
Sean
Time-lapse cadence varies and some shots I've doubled playback because cadence offset was irregular and returned stutters.

I'll dig into the file dates for the planets shot. My guess is Moon & Venus.

QUOTE (Brian Swift @ Dec 5 2021, 04:09 AM) *
Looks great. Can you say what the speed up is vs real-time?
Also, any idea what the two bright stars/planets(?) are at https://youtu.be/DETb68nNZ2A?t=306

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.