Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Duck Bay will be the entry point according to Squyres
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
Pages: 1, 2
CosmicRocker
The cleaning is excellent news. I noticed that it was described a little differently in the 05/01 JPL Opportunity update that appeared today.
On sols 1151 and 1152 Opportunity experienced a modest dust-cleaning event. The wind cleared the solar arrays of enough dust to result in approximately 75 Watt-hours more energy per sol.

I've been wondering for several days now why they would have bothered to detour over to this little impact crater called Granada. I couldn't imagine what the science target could be. Now, we know it was only to test the D-star hazard avoidance path planner software.
Bobby
I know I started this topic of Duck Bay after we got word from Steve that it would be the entry point for Opportunity. Should we use this Thread to discuss the entering of Duck Bay or start a New One when they decide to go in???

unsure.gif
djellison
I think we'll be having a new one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.