Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bahia Blanca
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
Pages: 1, 2
Ant103
Let start the panorama party open by Michael biggrin.gif.

Sol 1063, late afternoon view of Victoria :

Sol 1075, Cape Anonimo :

Sol 1073 & 1075

Better résolution at this page.

And "in bonus track" two desktop pictures :

I'm waiting for James pictures biggrin.gif
nprev
Stu & Ant, you guys are bruising my jaw from repeated impacts on the floor...glad that my swear jar caught fire & melted already after a previous McNaught image, 'cause I need the money! biggrin.gif Thanks!!!
fredk
Wow, stunning stuff! That 1063 strip really is special. I just love that piece of foreground cliff visible near the centre of the pan.
marsbug
I'm in full agreement, truly beautifull!
Stu
Seriously Ant, that image of Cape Desire is stunning. There have been some wonderful mosaics on these pages over the years since the rovers landed, but I think that's one of the best. On sharp, glowing colour, you can almost feel the roughness of the rocks under your fingers looking at that. Superb.
Ant103
How nice are the feedbacks . Thanks a lot for your very good comments smile.gif .
fredk
Here's perhaps my favourite part of the 1063 pan, cropped and shrunk to 80% from mhoward's mosaic:
Click to view attachment
The shadows of the far side capes are just stunning. Rover tracks saying we've actually been there. And as a bonus, we get the Arabian Prince grinning at us from the far upper left!
jamescanvin
QUOTE (mhoward @ Feb 4 2007, 02:13 AM) *
Life is pretty busy for me as well, plus I have other side projects as some of you know wink.gif So, its hardly perfect, but here are some quick false color stitches. I'm sure James will provide better versions soon.

QUOTE (Ant103 @ Feb 4 2007, 06:35 AM) *
I'm waiting for James pictures biggrin.gif

Heck I'd better get onto it then! rolleyes.gif

James
CosmicRocker
Indeed. Ant103, your panos are among the best to be found here. smile.gif I agree with Stu and everyone. That view across Bahia Blanca is perfectly sharpened, and the color balance is excellent. Cabo Anonimo was also lovely, but it is too bad that the photographer cut off the subject's head. blink.gif
jamescanvin
Here is my Cabo Corrientes/Bahia Blanca.

I've gone for a 'less red' look than usual, not sure what I prefer, hmm.

James
jvandriel
A panoramic view looking back.

Taken on Sol 1075 with the L0 Navcam.

jvandriel
mhoward
QUOTE (jvandriel @ Feb 4 2007, 04:13 PM) *
A panoramic view looking back.

It's also a view looking forward, since there's no other (good) way off of this cape wink.gif
Nirgal
QUOTE (dilo @ Feb 3 2007, 09:40 AM) *
I will speak for me. In the last weeks I'm very busy and I don't find enough time to make such kind of work (and frankly this is a pain because I enjoy it very much!).
Moreover, I find the work from Michael, JV and others so perfect that I can hardly add value (and I want to express my gratitude to them!).
Anyway, I hope to return to this activity asap.

I for myself can only second what Marco says here (the very same situation is true for me...)

... but I would really LOVE to spent much more time with my Mars & Space obsession wink.gif

... and seening those latest breathtaking works of Ant, Stu, Micheal and others ... I can only say WOW WOW WOW !

it's so good to see you all keeping up the great image works !!

smile.gif
jvandriel
Here is another view looking back or looking forward in the drive direction.

Taken on Sol 1075 with the L2 pancam.

jvandriel
mhoward
Lovely drive-direction view N-NE on Sol 1078

anaglyph version
jamescanvin
My version of Cabo Anonimo from Cape Desire.

James
Ant103
Yeah James, I'm glad to see your own pictures. They look great wink.gif.
Tesheiner
QUOTE (mhoward @ Feb 5 2007, 03:46 AM) *
Lovely drive-direction view N-NE on Sol 1078

It's interesting to see this flat and almost featureless dune fields at the background again.
"Almost", because it's now easy to see those dark streaks on the sand emerging from the northern bays (C5 and D2). They are evident on yestersol navcams too, specially on this one.
---
On another topic, let me add my congrats to the imaging wizards here. Absolutely beautiful images are being posted here.
Stu
Right, that's it! Stop messing about, give me a hammer and a hand lens and let me get stuck into those rocks!

Click to view attachment

rolleyes.gif
marswiggle
Judging from this pancam image (cropped full-res anaglyph) which is part of the above drive-direction view, it seems that the group of craters north of VC is seated pretty deep, in what I'd call a dirty depression.
Dirty - because dirty depressions make more sense to me than clean depressions.
nprev
QUOTE (Stu @ Feb 5 2007, 10:17 AM) *
Right, that's it! Stop messing about, give me a hammer and a hand lens and let me get stuck into those rocks!

Sigh...take me with you, man, just take me with you. Almost looks like you could fold some of those rocks open like a book, and eagerly start to read the all the pages...what a story is yet to be told!
Tesheiner
Sol 1080 has started and Opportunity should be on the move today. Up to Cabo Corrientes perhaps?
wheel.gif wheel.gif wheel.gif
Click to view attachment

And speaking of "interesting" numbers, we have now a total of 2000 sols past warranty for both rovers. rolleyes.gif
Click to view attachment
FIN Mars
Bad guy with hat! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Face of Mars #2
fredk
Finally the final frame showing Hoy from Cape Desire is completely down, and here's the long baseline anaglyph from sols 1070 and 1073. Definitely one of the most impressive cliff anaglyphs yet!
Click to view attachment
ngunn
QUOTE (fredk @ Feb 23 2007, 04:42 PM) *
Definitely one of the most impressive cliff anaglyphs yet!

Help!!! Pass the rope!
jvandriel
A little late but the last image is just down.

The panoramic view of Cape Hoy taken with the

L2 Pancam on Sol 1070.

jvandriel
MarkL
Thank you for posting that 1070 mosaic jvandriel. The weathering of the rock exposures is exquisite. Seems to me that there's remarkably uniform resistance to erosion within the breccia and the fractured bedrock. They are sculpted by wind and dust into fairly contiguous forms all around the crater walls.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.