Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cheating The Sol Calculator
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Tech, General and Imagery
wyogold
I was having problems the last few days with the current time date "sol" for the mer on the NASA and mmb It was almost 30 sols ahead of the images I was getting. I was just about to post something to see if anyone else had this problem when I realized I had inadvertently changed my calendar some time a month ahead. I now realize the NASA and mmb calculate the current time/sol on Mars by reading your computer date. Knowing this makes for some fun stuff. If you want to know what sol the rovers will be at on a certain date just change the date on your computer and refresh. weird. Learn something new each day. hope this didn't mess up my last modified dates on mmb. unsure.gif

Scott
mhoward
QUOTE (wyogold @ May 14 2005, 11:34 AM)
hope this didn't mess up my last modified dates on mmb. unsure.gif

Scott

It won't. At least, it shouldn't.
Tman
QUOTE (wyogold @ May 14 2005, 01:34 PM)
If you want to know what sol the rovers will be at on a certain date just change the date on your computer and refresh.

Scott

Thank you, that's cool! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.