Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Endurance Sol 117-123
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
Nix
I have been enjoying the many great imagery lately from Doug (great sol 454 pan!) and Nirgal and others. I'm working for a while now on Endurance and here is a preview of the 'artistic' version.
Nico
djellison
Thats a little cracker - would make an ace poster ohmy.gif

Doug
Nix
Yes, I would love to see it on my wall. I might rotate it some more clockwise for the horizon, and maybe smoothen the sky somewhat for the large version. What do you think?
Nirgal
QUOTE (NIX @ Apr 24 2005, 08:05 PM)
Yes, I would love to see it on my wall. I might rotate it some more clockwise for the horizon, and maybe smoothen the sky somewhat for the large version. What do you think?

WOW, that looks great smile.gif

I especially like the effect of the high "gradiented" sky that makes
the sight of the crater all the more impressive ...
(something we almost never see in the JPL pics)
and you also seemed to resist to apply too much contrast-stretching and color
saturation (a temptation that I find often hard to overcome) which adds that authentic, dusty and quite eerie Mars-feeling to your image.

Did I already tell that I'm looking forward to Victoria Crater ??

smile.gif
Nix
Victoria...I'm ready Victoria! I hope to make some nice comparative stuff for Endurance and Victoria... Victoria should be awesome to say the least. smile.gif biggrin.gif
djellison
QUOTE (Nirgal @ Apr 24 2005, 09:19 PM)
I especially like the effect of the high "gradiented" sky that makes
the sight of the crater all the more impressive ...
(something we almost never see in the JPL pics)

We never see it because they dont take the pictures smile.gif

Doug
CosmicRocker
I've been watching these artistic images being posted recently. As a scientist with no apparent artistic skills, but with a nominal appreciation for art, I noticed I have been debating myself over the value of artistic representations of Martian images versus the clinically pure and scientifically calibrated images.

I've got to say, I really like the artistic renderings that are done with an eye toward expected realism. To all of you scientifically-minded artists out there...Nice work. I am moved.

smile.gif
Nix
Just updated the site with a new version of this image. I smoothened the sky somewhat and added a large one.
Nico
Decepticon
I love it!

I just wonder about the redness? It looks to red and dark.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.