Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jezero Crater Margin Campaign, Sols 1001- xxxx
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Perseverance- Mars 2020 Rover
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Phil Stooke
This is Steve's sol 1001 panorama in circular form. The meandering tracks show up clearly.

Phil

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
scalbers
This mosaic uses Sol 1005 imagery after the Sol 1004 drive with a large version link. Thanks to Paul for image and camera navigation info and Kevin Gill for the raw image utilities that all help prep the images for my processing.

Click to view attachment

Below has a synthetic sky added with an empirical fit of solar elevation and azimuth angles to the imagery. The bright zone near the top is around the zenith where the dust scattering is bright enough to saturate the image given the linear displayed brightness scaling.

Click to view attachment

Extended drive animation from Sol 387 to the present.
scalbers
The mosaic below uses Sol 1006 imagery with a large version link. Thanks to Paul for image and camera navigation info and Kevin Gill for the raw image utilities that all help prep the images for my processing. The lighting is uneven with a combination of noontime and afternoon images. Sorry about that Phil!

Click to view attachment

Glevesque
QUOTE (scalbers @ Dec 23 2023, 11:41 AM) *
This mosaic uses Sol 1005 imagery after the Sol 1004 drive with a large version link. Thanks to Paul for image and camera navigation info and Kevin Gill for the raw image utilities that all help prep the images for my processing.

Click to view attachment

Below has a synthetic sky added with an empirical fit of solar elevation and azimuth angles to the imagery. The bright zone near the top is around the zenith where the dust scattering is bright enough to saturate the image given the linear displayed brightness scaling.

Click to view attachment

Verry good job scalbers ! wheel.gif
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 1002
© NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS/ASU/NeV-T
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 1003
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 1009
scalbers
Back to the latest drive with imagery mixed from Sols 1007 and 1008 and a large version link. The lighting varied quite a bit over three different times of Sol.

Click to view attachment

Extended drive animation from Sol 387 to the present. Movement between Sols 1006 & 1007 is >200m to the southwest.
neville thompson

Gigapan - PERSEVERANCE 1009
Phil Stooke
Hi Steve. Your link to the large sol 994 pan is not working.

Phil
Phil Stooke
Steve's panorama for sol 1002 in circular form.

Phil

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Phil Stooke
Trying to catch up, I have taken the liberty of using Neville's excellent Pancam-Z panorama for a circular view.

Phil

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
neville thompson

Gigapan --- PERSEVERANCE 1010
--------------------------------------
GigaMacro - PERSEVERANCE 1010
vikingmars
Happy New Year 2024 to everyone, with a gift from the Perseverance rover :
a view on a shiny remain of the EDL hardware!

Links:
https://mars.nasa.gov/mars2020/multimedia/r...AM03018_01_195J
https://mars.nasa.gov/mars2020/multimedia/r...AM03018_01_195J

And also in 3D :
Click to view attachment

Enjoy ! smile.gif
tau
Sol 1009 SuperCam Remote Micro-Imager mosaic with Mastcam-Z context and sol 1007 Navcam context

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
neville thompson

Gigapan --- PERSEVERANCE 1021
GigaMacro - PERSEVERANCE 1021
scalbers
Here's a look at Sol 1019/1020 imagery and a large version link.

Click to view attachment

Extended drive animation from Sol 387 to the present. Movement since Sol 1007 is to the west.
neville thompson

Gigapan --- PERSEVERANCE 1021
GigaMacro - PERSEVERANCE 1021
tau
An upstream view to the Neretva vallis in the background. Sol 1010 Mastcam-Z filter 0 with enhanced colors, and sol 1008 Navcam context.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
scalbers
Great view tau of Neretva Vallis and environs in the distance. I wonder what the light colored rocks / deposits are south of the Vallis? The notional routes appear to take us over some of them.
neville thompson

Gigapan --- PERSEVERANCE 1022 NAVCAM
GigaMacro - PERSEVERANCE 1022 NAVCAM
Glevesque
Hello Scalbers, tau and Neville Thompson

Congratulations on your work.
Click to view attachment

I plan to soon start volume 2 of the book << Les Panoramiques Martiens >> and I would like to know if you will give me permission to use some of your images posted here.

=================================================================

Salut scalbers, tau et neville thompson

Félicitation pour votre travail.
Click to view attachment

J'ai le projet d'entamer prochainement le tome 2 du livre << Les Panoramiques Martiens >> et j'aimerais savoir si vous me donner la permission d'utiliser certaines de vos images déposées ici.
neville thompson
Yes Glevesque you can use my images as long as you credit me -- rolleyes.gif

Gigapan --- PERSEVERANCE 1024 INCOMPLETE
GigaMacro - PERSEVERANCE 1024 INCOMPLETE
scalbers
Glevesque - yes it will be an honor to be included in your new volume smile.gif
tau
QUOTE (Glevesque @ Jan 10 2024, 02:02 AM) *
I plan to soon start volume 2 of the book << Les Panoramiques Martiens >> and I would like to know if you will give me permission to use some of your images posted here.

Yes, Glevesque, you can use my images.
Please use the credits that are indicated on the images.
If you can't find one or if it is not readable, ask me by e-mail with a link to the image in question.

By the way - will there be an English version of "The Martian panoramas"?
tau
QUOTE (scalbers @ Jan 8 2024, 12:05 AM) *
Great view tau of Neretva Vallis and environs in the distance. I wonder what the light colored rocks / deposits are south of the Vallis? The notional routes appear to take us over some of them.

If these potential routes are still valid, the rover will not drive upstream in the Neretva vallis.
A short "toe-dip" into the vallis is possible, then the route goes south and uphill as drawn in the images below (roughly estimated).
The access to Neretva vallis and the continuation of the route in the hills are not visible from the rover's sol 1010 position.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Sol 1010 Mastcam-Z filter 0 with enhanced colors, and sol 1008 Navcam context.
Glevesque
QUOTE (tau @ Jan 10 2024, 12:11 PM) *
By the way - will there be an English version of "The Martian panoramas"?

Yes, it’s part of the upcoming projects. But if someone wants to start translating the text, I have all the maps and background images to transparently redo the montages of the book with the translated texts. I had thought about using Google translate, but I think that the conciseness (and quality?) of the text will not be there!

It must be said that the paper format of the books will be at the price of return (perhaps with the assistance of Amazon in self-publishing at the end of Curiosity's mission for volume 1). PDFs will always be free.

Follow the link of my signature for more details or to download the pdf document of the book.

=============================================================================

Oui ça fait partie des projets à venir. Mais si quelqu'un veut se lancer pour traduire le texte, j'ai toutes les cartes et les images d'arrière plan pour refaire en transparance les montages du livre avec les textes traduit. J'avais pensé à utiliser google traduction, mais je crois que la fuiditée (et qualité ?) du texte ne sera pas au rendevez-vous !

Il faut dire que le format papier des livres seront au prix de reviens (peut-être avec l'assistance d'amazone en auto-édition à la fin de la mission de Curiosity pour le tome 1). Les pdf seront toujours gratuits.

Suivre le lien de ma signature pour plus de détail ou pour télécharger le document pdf du livre.
scalbers
True - it seems to me upon correlating with orbital views that similar looking deposits may also exist near the notional routes south of Neretva Vallis.

QUOTE (tau @ Jan 10 2024, 05:16 PM) *
If these potential routes are still valid, the rover will not drive upstream in the Neretva vallis.
A short "toe-dip" into the vallis is possible, then the route goes south and uphill as drawn in the images below (roughly estimated).
The access to Neretva vallis and the continuation of the route in the hills are not visible from the rover's sol 1010 position.
neville thompson

Gigapan --- PERSEVERANCE 1027
GigaMacro - PERSEVERANCE 1027
neville thompson

Gigapan --- PERSEVERANCE 1028
GigaMacro - PERSEVERANCE 1028
neville thompson

Gigapan --- PERSEVERANCE 1027-Updated
GigaMacro - PERSEVERANCE 1027-Updated
tau
Sol 1029 SuperCam Remote Micro-Imager mosaic with Mastcam-Z context and sol 1022 Navcam context

scalbers
Here's a look at Sol 1022 imagery after the Sol 1021 drive and a large version link. Movement is to the WSW since Sol 1019. Thanks to Paul for image and camera navigation info and Kevin Gill for the raw image utilities that all help prep the images for my processing.

Click to view attachment

neville thompson

Gigapan --- PERSEVERANCE 1028-1032
GigaMacro - PERSEVERANCE 1028-1032
tau
Sol 1034 SuperCam Remote Micro-Imager mosaic with sol 1032 Mastcam-Z context and sol 1030 Navcam context

Phil Stooke
Steve's panorama for sol 1022 in circular form.

Phil

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
neville thompson

Gigapan --- PERSEVERANCE 1034
GigaMacro - PERSEVERANCE 1034
Phil Stooke
Catching up on some sols I had missed (I'm almost at the end of a giant project and will have more free time soon). Steve's sol 1007 panorama in circular form.

Phil

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
scalbers
Looks good Phil - is north up in this as usual or perhaps elsewhere?

QUOTE (Phil Stooke @ Jan 18 2024, 03:30 AM) *
Steve's panorama for sol 1022 in circular form.

Phil Stooke
It is at the top - if it's not it must be pretty close. I compared the foreground with the HiRISE image. If I slipped up let me know.

Phil

scalbers
My impression is that Sol 1007 is correct and Sol 1022 has the big hills in the distance rotated by about 180 degrees.

We can note that the mosaics I'm posting utilize the camera and rover pointing information and have due north in the center. The vertical direction spans elevation angles from the nadir to the zenith (-90 to +90 degrees).
Phil Stooke
You are absolutely right. I create the views south-up and forgot to rotate the 1022 view by 180 degrees before posting. It was the 1007 view I had compared with the HiRISE image.

Sorry about that but thanks for correcting me.

Here are the correct versions for sol 1022.

Phil

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
neville thompson

Gigapan --- PERSEVERANCE 1027-1035
GigaMacro - PERSEVERANCE 1027-1035
tau
Combined sol 1029 and sol 1035 SuperCam Remote Micro-Imager mosaic. For Mastcam-Z and Navcam context see this post.

Click to view attachment
tau
Neretva vallis upstream in the distance on sol 1041, Mastcam-Z left eye filter 0 (RGB),
left eye filters 1 to 6 (visible to nearest infrared light) multispectral principal components,
and right eye filters 1 to 6 (infrared light) multispectral principal components

Bill Harris
This valley appears to tend to be U-shaped. Could this be due to subsequent aeolian erosion or... ??

--Bill
serpens
QUOTE (Bill Harris @ Jan 26 2024, 06:19 PM) *
This valley appears to tend to be U-shaped. Could this be due to subsequent appliances erosion or... ??

I doubt any glacial influence Bill if that is the possibility you imply. To the west Neretva Vallis is a typical high potential energy river valley, deep incision with steep sides. But in the lower reaches the river seems to have widened, spreading its energy. Change in lithology perhaps? The erosional environment at the crater would have been variable and complex. Initial penetration would probably have been groundwater tunnelling and the river would have banked up and spread. There is clear evidence of occasional high energy deposition at the delta and variations in water level with maximum prior to the eastern outflow. This, combined with the susceptibility of Jezero's ejecta blanket to erosion may be the explanation for the channel configuration.
Bill Harris
I was suggesting a Glacial hmmmm?? . But not strenuously. I tend to pigeon-hole V-shsped and U-shaped valleys as a matter of habit.
That next sentence should have read "subsequent aeolian erosion" ; the 'appliance...' was an autocorrect funny.
Onward!

--Bill
neville thompson

Gigapan --- PERSEVERANCE 1041
GigaMacro - PERSEVERANCE 1041
Hungry4info
SHERLOC appears to be having issues with a stuck cover. A number of diagnostic activities appear to have been performed.
Here's a great animation showing a rotation of the turret.
https://twitter.com/landru79/status/1751696751843586317
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.