Jupiter - PJ38-22 - Detail
Kevin Gill
JunoCam was not messing around. The detail this perijove is amazing

Jupiter - PJ38-26/27 - Detail

Jupiter - PJ38-30 - Detail
Sean
Words fail. Beautiful work Kevin.
Bill Harris
The bank of white stratus clouds in image PJ38-30 is amazing. I can't recall seeing stratus clouds that extensive and well-defined. Do we have an idea of the scale of that image?

--Bill
Brian Swift
Mike,
Is there a problem with PJ38_17 and PJ38_18? I just noticed they are not on the missionjuno site.
mcaplinger
QUOTE (Brian Swift @ Dec 8 2021, 06:47 PM) *
Is there a problem with PJ38_17 and PJ38_18? I just noticed they are not on the missionjuno site.

Those showed black monoliths so we had to hold them back from the public rolleyes.gif

Seriously, if we haven't posted something, it's usually because it still has residual data drops that we are waiting to be filled in.
Brian Swift
I suppose it's not surprising monolith induced wormholes would interfere with data downlinks.

Anyhooo...

Here are PJ38 images. Exaggerated Color/Contrast. Using new color balance adapted to JunoCams shifting color response.
Click to view attachment
Full resolution 19293-by-27897 available at https://www.missionjuno.swri.edu/junocam/processing?id=11989
Brian Swift
QUOTE (mcaplinger @ Dec 9 2021, 08:50 AM) *
Those showed black monoliths so we had to hold them back from the public rolleyes.gif

Seriously, if we haven't posted something, it's usually because it still has residual data drops that we are waiting to be filled in.

Do you think any more data will come down for the PJ38 partial images, or is it done and we've got all we're going to get?
mcaplinger
QUOTE (Brian Swift @ Feb 2 2022, 07:09 PM) *
Do you think any more data will come down for the PJ38 partial images, or is it done and we've got all we're going to get?

I'll ask, but I suspect those will remain partial. The drops are fairly minimal so I'll see if we can post them.
mcaplinger
QUOTE (Brian Swift @ Feb 2 2022, 07:09 PM) *

My understanding from our ops folks is that if you see an image that's marked "partial" on missionjuno, then we have exhausted all ways to fill it in and this is the best we are ever going to get. So PJ38 is all done.
Brian Swift
QUOTE (mcaplinger @ Feb 3 2022, 08:55 AM) *
My understanding from our ops folks is that if you see an image that's marked "partial" on missionjuno, then we have exhausted all ways to fill it in and this is the best we are ever going to get. So PJ38 is all done.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm glad that we can at least get partial data when there are problems.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.