Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Famelab
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Forum Guide and Announcements > Forum News
djellison
Your intrepid host (that's me) is off to london tonight - so that tomorrow I can take part in Fame Lab

My first 3 minute talk is going to be about my Venus Fly Trap (it's called Williams) - and if they put me thru to the afternoon - then I'm talking about the Lion-King panorama from Opportunity for 5 minutes.

So - wish me luck - whatever happens I think I'll have a blast.

Doug
paxdan
QUOTE (djellison @ Apr 13 2005, 10:02 AM)
Your intrepid host (that's me) is off to london tonight  - so that tomorrow I can take part in Fame Lab

My first 3 minute talk is going to be about my Venus Fly Trap (it's called Williams) - and if they put me thru to the afternoon - then I'm talking about the Lion-King panorama from Opportunity for 5 minutes.

Doug

Best of luck Doug! Heard about this show a couple of days ago!
chris
QUOTE (djellison @ Apr 13 2005, 09:02 AM)
Your intrepid host (that's me) is off to london tonight  - so that tomorrow I can take part in Fame Lab

Doug

Break a leg...
TheChemist
Go get 'em Doug smile.gif wheel.gif
djellison
It appears the venue has internet access - if I get thru the first round ( with the help of Williams the Venus Flytrap - or Dionae Muscipula to its friends ) - then I'll try and pop online and post the good news in this thread tongue.gif If I get thru the second round to the final - I'll be too stunned to comment.

Doug
remcook
good luck doug!
djellison
Well - it was a good morning, but I didnt go thru to the afternoon round. A very VERY talented guy went thru, with a brilliant researcher into ape-language as a reserve.

Well worth trying out just for the experience - on to April 23rd and my talk at the British Astronomical Assoc smile.gif

Doug
chris
QUOTE (djellison @ Apr 14 2005, 11:57 AM)
Well - it was a good morning, but I didnt go thru to the afternoon round. A very VERY talented guy went thru, with a brilliant researcher into ape-language as a reserve.

Well worth trying out just for the experience - on to April 23rd and my talk at the British Astronomical Assoc smile.gif

Doug

Bad luck. I was wondering what the result had been, but given the lack of "Oh My God, I won!" posts from you, I suspected you hadn't got to do a tearful acceptance speech. smile.gif

From what I gather of such things, persistence counts for a lot, so I'm sure you'll get there in the end.

Chris

PS. hope Williams wasn't too upset
djellison
Oh - Williams performed perfectly smile.gif Snapped 90% closed which was exactly what I wanted to prove (she wont close 100% unless what triggers it struggles around like a fly, so they dont try and eat things like rain or leaves)

If they do it next year, I'll have another go - now I know the routine I think I could tailor my first talk much better

Off to see Omid Djalili at the Soho Theatre now smile.gif

Doug
(Using a very nice Powerbook at the Apple Store, Regents Street, and yearning after the 30 inch display on the machine next to me - it is a sight to behold ohmy.gif )
djellison
Wrapped up a nice couple of days in London with a visit to London Zoo yesterday - and up to Elstree to see the filming of an episode of Who Wants to be a Millionaire (due to be aired first Sat in June ) - a superb outake moment - one guys phone a friends rang twice then went to answerphone smile.gif

Doug
djellison
Managed to get into a Canadian Newspaper however smile.gif

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/Art.../?query=famelab

Doug
jamescanvin
QUOTE (djellison @ Apr 19 2005, 07:13 PM)
Managed to get into a Canadian Newspaper however smile.gif

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/Art.../?query=famelab

Doug

Wow! Now that's fame!

JC
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.