Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Juno perijove 29
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Outer Solar System > Jupiter > Juno
Brian Swift
Mike, what is JNCE_2020259_29C00004_V01 testing?
mcaplinger
QUOTE (Brian Swift @ Sep 17 2020, 08:16 PM) *
Mike, what is JNCE_2020259_29C00004_V01 testing?

It was supposed to be a Ganymede image, but since it didn't contain Ganymede they changed the title to reduce confusion.
Brian Swift
Ganymede at 45pix/deg.
Click to view attachment
Upscaled versions at https://flic.kr/p/2jHGGyT
Gerald
I thought that I should post a handful or two of pretty pictures for your and my recreation:

PJ29, #14
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

#19:
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Gerald
#22:
Gerald
#23:
Gerald
Those images are post-processed examples of these reprojections.
Brian Swift
Cool bright spot in PJ29_32/34/35

Jupiter PJ29_32/34/35 Interesting Bright Spot 3-views Exaggerated Color/Contrast
by bswift, on Flickr
Kevin Gill
Some initial PJ29 detail images. With the perijoves becoming more northerly, we're getting clearer images of the northern filamentary region, though at the expense of sharp southern views.

I'm a little disappointed with the color I'm getting in the Northern latitudes, though my pipeline tends to white-balance the color channels, which I'm usually ok with (I'll leave the amazing true-color work to Bjorn)...

Jupiter - PJ29-20 - Detail

Jupiter - PJ29-24 - Detail

Jupiter - PJ29-26 - Detail

Jupiter - PJ29-23 - Detail

Jupiter - PJ29-27/28 - Detail

Jupiter - PJ29-43/44/46 - Map Projected

I'm particularly interested in this kidney bean shaped feature here:

Jupiter - PJ29-46/48 - Map Projected

Kevin Gill
And two fish-eye 'marble' composites so far:

Jupiter - Perijove 29 - Composite - 1

Jupiter - Perijove 29 - Composite
Sean
Beautiful work Kevin, the Jupiter 'marbles' are my favorite Juno compositions.
Bjorn Jonsson
QUOTE (Kevin Gill @ Sep 24 2020, 03:47 PM) *
...I'm a little disappointed with the color I'm getting in the Northern latitudes, though my pipeline tends to white-balance the color channels, which I'm usually ok with (I'll leave the amazing true-color work to

I've been getting color in the northern PJ29 images that I consider a bit suspicious. I'm therefore going to revisit some of the color tests/calibrations and among other things compare the PJ29 color to earlier images. So I'm very curious to know what you are disappointed with. Does your pipeline white-balance the images/color channels differently in different images or do you multiply the R/G/B values with the same fixed values for all of the images?
Kevin Gill
My process uses the same values and conversions for every image, such that I can output close to true color on the output side if I wanted to. But I tend to just use a proportional stretching method when I convert from the ISIS3 cubes to tifs which in effect white balances them (though not on any specific value white). I've done rather little to validate the 'true color' output, so I don't really use it.

QUOTE (Bjorn Jonsson @ Sep 24 2020, 03:58 PM) *
I've been getting color in the northern PJ29 images that I consider a bit suspicious. I'm therefore going to revisit some of the color tests/calibrations and among other things compare the PJ29 color to earlier images. So I'm very curious to know what you are disappointed with. Does your pipeline white-balance the images/color channels differently in different images or do you multiply the R/G/B values with the same fixed values for all of the images?

Gerald
Here is a list of links to intermediate PJ29 renditions I've uploaded thus far.
I might update that link list occasionally if time allows, probably also with links to other PJs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.