Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Artistic Titan map
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Outer Solar System > Saturn > Cassini Huygens > Titan
Spock1108
Looking at the new map of Titan released in June 2015, I realized that, although true to 100% with the scientific data, with regard to the 'artistic aspect was not great ... I have worked to make it less visible lines of contact of mosaic, I tried to give a "realistic" color, but above all, to use the radar data to improve the resolution of the lakes and seas to the north pole.

Titan Map 2015 by Francesco Maio, su Flickr
vikingmars
QUOTE (Spock1108 @ Dec 14 2015, 01:15 PM) *
Looking at the new map of Titan released in June 2015, I realized that, although true to 100% with the scientific data, with regard to the 'artistic aspect was not great ... I have worked to make it less visible lines of contact of mosaic, I tried to give a "realistic" color, but above all, to use the radar data to improve the resolution of the lakes and seas to the north pole.
Titan Map 2015

WOW ! Thanks a lot Spock1108 for sharing this VERY NICE work of yours !
Congratulations for having rendered this wonderful map ! wheel.gif wheel.gif wheel.gif wheel.gif wheel.gif wheel.gif
JRehling
This is beautiful. It's just amazing how the combination of a familiar map and a familiar projection can produce something wonderfully new.
Phil Stooke
Yes, it's all about the projection! This is a really nice map. Spock1108 - did you project this from a simple cylindrical preliminary map? I would be interested in seeing that version if it exists.

Phil

ZLD
Fantastic mapping Spock1108. I would also love to see a cylindrical map if you have one. It shows that you put a lot of effort into this, great work!
Spock1108
Here is the cylindrical projection, this one in particular has been developed for a mod of Space Engine.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.