Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: International Drive
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Chit Chat
algorithm
Two days from now I will be arriving at The Enclave Hotel on International Drive, Orlando, Florida. laugh.gif

It's my first trip to America and my first visit will be to the Kennedy Space Centre!

Excited is the understatement of the year, if anyone is in the area come and share a hot dog. I will check in on UMSF on my IPhone over the next couple of weeks (It's like a drug laugh.gif )

Big country, big hearted people.... can't wait!!

Edit.. The reference to hot dogs was not meant to be a cliche, dammit corn dogs are just as good!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif
PDP8E
I am so happy for you!
It will be very emotional if you get the Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB) tour.
Have a very good time! (its hot in Florida now so be sure to hydrate and use sun screen)

ElkGroveDan
QUOTE (algorithm @ Aug 17 2015, 02:07 PM) *
It's my first trip to America ....

Now remember in some parts of the world they drive on different sides of the road and all that. Here in America we drive backwards down the middle of the road. Try and keep the line under the center of the car as you turn your head to look out the back window. Good luck
algorithm
Thanks for the driving tip!

I think I have it covered. laugh.gif

Click to view attachment
hendric
The VAB is definitely holy ground for me. Make sure you get the super deluxe tour, and visit the launch pads. I was surprised at how small they felt from the ground!
algorithm
First full day here and the humidity is unbelievable.
What a place, great weather, great scenery.
Kennedy Space Centre is T-minus 5 days rolleyes.gif
algorithm
Busy day today, helped take down Skynet. Battled the Decepticons, and escaped Jurassic Park.

Kennedy now T-minus 4 days !!
algorithm
Hi, joined The Rebel Alliance today ! The jump to FTL is something you really must try at least once (I did three times)

Kennedy Space Centre: T minus - On Hold (The launch date may have to be moved due to a female induced weather front)
algorithm
No heroics today!
However, the storm clouds have parted and Kennedy Space Centre is now officially T-minus 12 hours
I have waited about 40 years for this and I want everything to be BIG.....really really BIG, because that's how I imagined it as a kid.
I feel quite emotional just typing this!! smile.gif
hendric
I recommend a jawstrap to keep from injuring your chin! And resist the urge to take a launch pad brick home with you. smile.gif
PDP8E
...and make sure you have a good supply of extra film for your camera!
I think they have a good 1-hour photo-mat there too!
djellison
Legitimately, the way KSC have displayed Atlantis is superb. The reveal is beautifully done - I cried like a baby.
algorithm
algorithm
As I write this there are storm clouds and lightning over International drive but my day has been full of bright rays of inspiration and hope.
The VAB, the Saturn V, the oh..so so beautiful work of art that is Atlantis. (Me too Doug. I just stood stock still, I wanted to see her through my eyes before I saw her through a lense).
They were BIG....really....really...BIG.

The Eagle may have landed, but with SLS/Orion hopefully she will soar even higher than before.

Thank you America. Thank you NASA

#### E.O.M.###
Explorer1
I've only ever since Discovery (during a D.C. trip), so I have some small idea of the emotions...
algorithm
Just to give a sense of scale (without turning the thread into my online holiday photo album) smile.gif

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.