Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moc Stereo Pairs
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Tech, General and Imagery
Bjorn Jonsson
Can anyone point me to MOC stereo pairs in the MOC raw image archive ? I'm especially interested in Columbia Hills but more rough and interesting-looking terrain would also be interesting. What's happening is that I *may* soon be able to generate DEMs from stereo pairs. I don't know yet how good these DEMs will be, probably relatively crude. I have also been looking for suitable images in Cassini's coverage of Enceladus and in some of the Galileo images (I know there is a stereo pair of Ganymede's Galileo Regio for example). And then there are the MER images...
OWW
http://www.marsunearthed.com/ has many MOC anaglyphs with links to the originals: http://www.marsunearthed.com/Anaglyphs/Bes...les/Best_of.htm
erwan
Bjorn: not to the "RAW" MOC images archives, and probably you know the link, but if not... : MOC stereo gallery . I am interested with your post, because i 'm trying to obtain the same objective...
erwan   
Posted: Mar 9 2005, 04:04 AM
I have almost finished an Husband Hill mesh. Need some refinements, but a first rendering is linked below (JPG 1000x750, 77Kb).
Spirit path from sol 150 is approximatively figured, and a tiny model (on scale!) of Spirit is located on Larry's Lookout (magnified 3x on insert). A trek!

user posted image
Maybe we may share some tips?
Bjorn Jonsson
Actually what I'm doing is writing a program that takes as input two images (a stereo pair), several control points and viewing geometry information for each image and uses this to generate a DEM. The fact that I need viewing geometry information is the main reason I wanted raw images.

I don't know how well this will work but the part that compares the images to find a point in image 2 corresponding to a point in image 1 seems very promising.
Pertinax
QUOTE (Bjorn Jonsson @ Mar 22 2005, 06:00 PM)
Actually what I'm doing is writing a program that takes as input two images (a stereo pair), several control points and viewing geometry information for each image and uses this to generate a DEM.

Bjorn,

What, if you don't mind me asking, are you using for control points? MOLA 'spot' elevations?

DEMS from MOC-NA pairs are something I have always wanted, but had not even the beginnings of the skills needed to produce! (Uultimately, fun terrain sources for rendering Mars in Terragen, etc.)

-- Pertinax
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.