Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chang'e 3 and Yutu scientific results
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Earth & Moon > Lunar Exploration > Chang'e program
Paolo
this just out: The preliminary processing and analysis of LPR Channel-2B data from Chang’E-3
it also includes a detailed route map for Yutu
dvandorn
Very nice! You can make out crater rim structures that have obviously been buried for millions, if not billions, of years. That's exactly what you'd expect to see, of course, but it is cool beyond description to actually see it.

-the other Doug (With my shield, not yet upon it)
Paolo
wow! an amazingly detailed paper (Phil, that's for you!): High precision landing site mapping and rover localization for Chang'e-3 mission
Phil Stooke
Yes, that's great! Very interesting.

Phil

Paolo
start downloading!
the dedicated Chang'e 3 issue of Research in Astronomy and Astrophysics is finally available:
http://www.raa-journal.org/raa/index.php/raa/issue/view/81
Phil Stooke
Great stuff! The second paper down that list includes some names for craters near the lander. They are taken from traditional Chinese names for constellations and parts of the sky. I will be doing something with these soon, but I'm not sure these are the same names I got a glimpse of a few months ago. Still much to learn!

Phil

Paolo
CE-3 made it to Science this week:
A young multilayered terrane of the northern Mare Imbrium revealed by Chang’E-3 mission
Paolo
two new preprint papers accepted for publication in Research in Astronomy and Astrophysics:
Panoramic camera of Jade Rabbit lunar rover in Chang’E-3 mission
Laboratory verification of active particle-induced X-ray spectrometer (APXS) of Chang'E-3 mission
the first is particularly interesting
Paolo
open access paper in Nature Communications
Correlated compositional and mineralogical investigations at the Chang′e-3 landing site
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.