Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thanks or Like
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Chit Chat
Mr Valiant
I try to adhere to the strict Forum guidelines, which include the 'not' posting of 'wow' 'super' and other expletives that refer to every piece
of data or photo that either link to, or upload to data sources that our members have found.
I sometimes wish a 'like' toggle is included for topics.
It's a nod and encouragement to the hard working poster.
Maybe in ten years time, I too can delve into archives and access complex photo programs that can contribute in a scientific way to UMSF.
For now...I'm in Wonderland. The work the team does is breath taking.
For a guy who remembers 'Contact Light', I was truly blown away by the first Viking 1 panorama as presented a day after the landing in our
local newspaper.
Many thanks
Gary
MarsInMyLifetime
If this thread may be allowed to continue, I would also like to thank both NASA mission personnel and the UMSF volunteers who make this site one of the places I visit nearly every day for a fresh infusion of awesomeness (applicable synonyms: amazing, marvelous, surprising, wonderful, astonishing, astounding, awe-inspiring, breathtaking, mind-boggling, miraculous, remarkable, staggering, startling, wondrous, stupefying!). My cup runneth over.
nprev
Thanks, you guys. All credit to djellison (our founder and chairman) and the other members of our admin/mod team, who honored me by asking them to join them. Every high-tech forum needs a token robot, after all.

We do the very best we can, always, because the Forum's prime subject of discussion is overwhelmingly important: the exploration of our Solar System via marvelous robots, paving the way for a future for our children's children's children and far beyond. wink.gif

Let's go keep seeing what's out there.

algorithm
I would like to add my 2 pence worth and agree whole heartedly with the comments of Mr Valliant and MarsInMyLifetime (If only). From my own experience I would guess that there are many fellow 'lurkers' who just sit and gasp at the work of the many knowledgeable UMSFers. There are only so many times you can say 'wow' without feeling like being on the other side of the monkey cage at the zoo. It can be an intimidating experience being a non academic / imaging guru member of this forum.Having said that, reading one post can lead to a whole mornings worth of 'Load in a new window'.

BTW, NPrev, for a rusty old robot who throws beer bottles at noisy passers by in downton LA you do a damn fine job of pretending to be just a knowledgeable passerby. What is you're day job?
nprev
Being a nasty old robot who lobs beer bottles at obnoxious passers-by. (They actually pay me for that!) wink.gif

Technically, I'm an engineer. Practically, I'm being held prisoner in a cube farm doing PowerPoints…UMSF is an enormous escape.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.