Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adam Steltzner Talk on Curiosity in NYC, April 29
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Conferences and Broadcasts
Tom Tamlyn
This Monday, April 29, Adam Steltzner and Burkhard Bilger are giving a talk sponsored by the New Yorker on the Curiosity mission at Joe’s Pub (425 Lafayette Street) in New York City. Bilger is the author of the excellent New Yorker article on Curiosity that I posted about on Thursday.

Sign-up for the free tickets is closed, although “[a] small number of tickets of will be available at the door fifteen minutes before start time” [7:00 pm].

For ticket-holders there’s also a pre-event reception starting at 5:30, which (if Stelzner is there) could be the highlight of the evening.

I was lucky enough to nab a pair of tickets in the brief window of availability.

If anyone else from UMSF is going to be there, please let me know by PM.

Also, I can bring one other person. If you’re interested, send me a PM. Note that I'll need to send your name to the organizers, and won’t be able to substitute a different guest later (names apparently will be checked). So please make sure that you’re reasonably certain to be able to attend.

TTT

Edit: corrected start time
Tom Tamlyn
No taker as yet. Starting around 1:30, I'll be away from the internet for the rest of the afternoon.

QUOTE (Tom Tamlyn @ Apr 27 2013, 11:28 AM) *
This Monday, April 29, Adam Steltzner and Burkhard Bilger are giving a talk sponsored by the New Yorker on the Curiosity mission at Joe’s Pub (425 Lafayette Street) in New York City. Bilger is the author of the excellent New Yorker article on Curiosity that I posted about on Thursday.

Sign-up for the free tickets is closed, although “[a] small number of tickets of will be available at the door fifteen minutes before start time” [7:00 pm].

For ticket-holders there’s also a pre-event reception starting at 5:30, which (if Stelzner is there) could be the highlight of the evening.

I was lucky enough to nab a pair of tickets in the brief window of availability.

If anyone else from UMSF is going to be there, please let me know by PM.

Also, I can bring one other person. If you’re interested, send me a PM. Note that I'll need to send your name to the organizers, and won’t be able to substitute a different guest later (names apparently will be checked). So please make sure that you’re reasonably certain to be able to attend.

TTT

Edit: corrected start time

DEChengst
A video has been put up:

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/news...red-planet.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.