Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rev 182 - Titan, Enceladus, and the North Pole
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Outer Solar System > Saturn > Cassini Huygens > Cassini's ongoing mission and raw images
kemcab2012
I haven't played much with the Titan imagery already up, but I do have a special love for Enceladus. Below is a time lapse animation of the NAC frames that came out today. I've adjusted each frame for positioning, upped the exposure level to view more of the moon and the southern plumes, and used an unsharp mask to add contrast to the surface features.

kemcab2012
Here's a video of the polar and atmospheric study of Saturn from Feb. 26th-27th 2013. I plan on making a second version with a faster perceived frame rate and less transition time, but am too swamped at the moment.

From the Rev 182 page on ciclops.org:
"Late on February 26 and early on the 27th, ISS will ride along with VIMS to acquire a mosaic of Saturn's north polar region using the Wide-Angle Camera (WAC). Spring has progressed far enough that the entirety of the hexagonal jet stream that lies near 77 degrees North latitude will be in sunlight. ISS will be imaging the hexagon with a two-by-two mosaic rather than centering the field-of-view on the north pole like it did in November. On February 27, ISS will track cloud features as they rotate on Saturn. Images will be taken at a variety of latitudes at low, medium, and high emission angles to see how these features different in appearance at different viewing angles. This is useful to understand the structure of Saturn's high-altitude haze layers."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.