Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: recommendation for a hotel in London?
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Chit Chat
RoverDriver
I will be traveling to Italy and the UK to give a series of presentations during the upcoming Solar Conjunction. Among the various locations I will be in London around mid April. I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for places to stay in central London.

Paolo
Tom Dahl
About three years ago my wife and I stayed in the Hotel Indigo near Paddington station for four nights or so. Our stay was fine, the hotel was nice, the surrounding area was easy to walk around etc. I would stay there again, if I had reason to return. (My daughter was getting a Masters degree in London at the time; sadly for me she completed it!)
remcook
I stayed here last time...nice and central http://www.grangehotels.com/hotels-london/...ourt-hotel.aspx
tasp
My sister spent some time in London several years ago. I don't recall where she stayed, but she did remark it didn't really matter, there was so much to do and see, she wasn't at the hotel much, and she rather would spend her money on other things while she was there.

She's gregarious and would have fun anywhere, but she REALLY enjoyed London, friendly people, food, history, and just a great, great time.

Thumbs way up for London!
brianc
I would do a Name your Price on priceline.com as it lets you bid for rooms within a give area you can't really go wrong and usually save around 40% - I would suggest 3 Star and above.

Last time I stayed in London I did this and got a room at Olympia Hilton for $120 US

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-...on_England.html

Are you visiting anywhere else in the UK ?

RoverDriver
Unfortunately not. I will only be in London. I will have multiple dates in Italy but not in the UK.

Paolo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.