Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Next time someone tries to tell you we've stopped exploring...
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Chit Chat
Stu
...show them this pic I took before dawn today...

Click to view attachment

smile.gif
ddeerrff
What is that you caught that shows as a streak about 60% down (top to bottom) and 80% across (left to right). Just above/left of the larger cloud?
elakdawalla
That's awesome. Can I get you to post that photo without the text overlaid? I've got a presentation tonight I can use that in.....
Stu
Sorry, Emily, I'm at work and can't post anything. I put pics up on my Facebook page in an album tho, help yourself to anything from there. And some are on Space Weather.com too.
nprev
Truly an epic image, Stu!
Stu
Different line-up this morning... If anything even colder that the other morning, because of the howling gale blowing up the road from the north, but worth it to see *this*...

Click to view attachment

Standing there, looking at Mercury, Venus, Saturn and the Moon lined up, I couldn't help thinking that the night sky had formed its very own Guard of Honour to wish Patrick Moore farewell - and to say thank you...
AndyG
Lovely, Stu.

More explorers? Voyager 1's position in northern Ophiuchus is to the left of this image, about the same width again.

Andy
djellison
Two ARTEMIS's also orbiting the Moon, the WIND spacecraft would be just between Mercury and Venus, and STEREO A a little to the right of Venus.

It's covered in spacecraft smile.gif
ElkGroveDan
"My God! It's full of hardware!"
nprev
Much more to come as the years & decades unfold, too... wink.gif...right on.
Stu
Would be fun to add all those others on too...might try that when I have time. Great suggestions everyone, thanks.
Stu
Got up early again this morning to photograph the Planet Parade... Bitterly cold again, but so worth it...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

- Stuart Atkinson, frozen but happy, Kendal. laugh.gif
ElkGroveDan
Was just out doing the same, but bleary eyed-and barely awake. Just beautiful.
ElkGroveDan
Here are a couple from yesterday that I had hoped to improve upon today but there are clouds here this morning. Thanks again Stu for drawing this opportunity to our attention.
Stu
Love that middle one Dan, really, really pretty. Glad you got to see it. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.