Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rev 174 and T87
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Outer Solar System > Saturn > Cassini Huygens > Titan
titanicrivers
Rev 174 has begun and features a close Titan flyby (T87). Read about it here. http://www.ciclops.org/view/7424/Rev174
A NAC pix from Oct 31 appears below, with some enhancement of the surface and the vortex.
Click to view attachment
titanicrivers
A recent NAC view of Senkyo and Yalaing terra on Nov 4th is contrasted with a similar view from Sep 13th of 2010. Although viewing angles and longitudinal centers don't align one can glimpse Yalaing and note its albedo is now similar to how it was pre Arrow storm; its darker-to-brighter-to-previous albedo perhaps reflecting a wetting to evaporite to atomospheric re-deposition scenario.
Click to view attachment
titanicrivers
Some WAC and NAC images of Adiri from the Nov 13th T87 flyby are presented below. Images rotated so N is up and enhanced.
Click to view attachment
titanicrivers
The NAC views of 11/13/2012 show only hints of the bright patches that were prominent in early 2011 following the Arrow Storm (see comparison below). Many areas that brightened also had changes in post-storm VIMS images. Areas with albedo and/or VIMS change seem more correlated with more rugged or 'mountainous' terrain, near the newly named linear ridges including Gram and Dolmed Montes (highlighted in the animated figure below).
Click to view attachment
HughFromAlice
Haven't posted in a while but it's a public holiday today.... so had the morning off and had a bit of fun. What would the "Nile" on Titan look like if we could take a photo of it? So I took the radar images (taken on T87) and had an enjoyable morning having a go making my visualization come to life. Source image at http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/catalog/PIA16197

Titan is an amazing place.... when one of those polar methane storms hits I would love to be able to get in a rubber dhingy (making sure to pack my thermal underwear and take a hot thermos of coffee) and float down the river until I got to the lake!

Click to view attachment

……Hᴜɢʜ
MahFL
Thats very nice.
HughFromAlice
QUOTE (MahFL @ Jan 28 2013, 08:37 PM) *
Thats very nice.

Tx - been a while since I posted smile.gif Hugh
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.