Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Server Migration
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Forum Guide and Announcements > Forum Management Topics > Forum Maintenance
helvick
We are finally migrating to our new server. I'm planning to switch over at Midnight tomorrow ( 00:00 BST ( GMT+1 ) on October 3rd , 16:00 PST (GMT-7) on October 2nd.

There will be approximately 30 minutes of downtime. We've tested the migration quite thoroughly at this stage so I do not expect any problems.
helvick
2 Hour warning - we'll be going offline for about 30 minutes in 2 hours.
helvick
10 Minute warning - we're going offline for 30 minutes in 10.
helvick
OK All - we are now running on the new hardware. Thanks for your patience I hope the additional 5 minutes of downtime outside of the target window wasn't a problem.
djellison
I want to thank Helvick for his hard work. The new server is breathtakingly snappy and should be a great home for UMSF for many many years to come!

elakdawalla
Yes -- thanks Joe for the incredible amount of work it took to prepare and configure everything so that the transition would go so smoothly.
Bjorn Jonsson
Big thanks from me as well. Hopefully it's not my imagination but I think UMSF is significantly faster now.
elakdawalla
Since the server's just down the road the difference is small, but I agree, it's definitely snappier.
nprev
Like lightning. LOVE it. You, sir, are a wizard; thank you!!! smile.gif
mhoward
It does seem noticeably faster. Well done.
maschnitz
Very nice work, Helvick. I've done a few server migrations in my time, and they didn't go this smoothly. No mean feat!
MahFL
It sure is faster, great work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.