Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Baa Talk : April 23rd
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Forum Guide and Announcements > Forum News
djellison
Following on from my talk at Northampton Natural History Society earlier in the week - I've been invited to talk at the British Astronomical Association at the English Heritage Lecture Theatre, London - on April 23rd

Doug

(Edit - I will be doing about an hour - but just on Spirit, not Opportunity. My talks are typically 80-90 mins, so I thought it best to cull Opportunity and do that as a seperate talk later in the year, and do a good job on Spirit, which is the better ' story ' - and more classically martian! )

Doug
chris
Doug,

Do you know if it necessary to be a member of the BAA in order to attend?

Chris
djellison
I hope not - otherwise I wont get in to do the talk smile.gif

I've emailed the meetings sec. and ask - it would be great to meet someone from this forum and have them 'review' my talk biggrin.gif

I'm only charging the BAA for my train fair ( and then the money I get back goes to Comic Relief ) so I dont suppose they'd mind if I brought a 'guest'.

As far as I know - it's at about 4pm-ish on the Sat - would be good to meet up for Lunch before or something?

Doug
chris
Sounds like a good plan.

Chris
djellison
I've had word that these meetings are a free affair for anyone to attend with no charge.

2005 April 23rd
Doors open 14:00. Meeting begins 14:30 (Note later time than stated in the Meetings Card) The English Heritage Lecture Theatre, Savile Row, London

Programme
"Quasars, black holes and galaxy formation" - Omar Almaini (Nottingham
University)
"Sky notes" - Martin Mobberley
"Bonneville and Beyond : A Year on Mars with the Spirit Rover" - Doug Ellison

Meeting finishes at about 17:30

Doug
djellison
Just noticed that I had the 16th in the title, and the 22nd in the first message - when infact it is on the 23rd - three weeks this Sat smile.gif

Doug
djellison

Nearest tube station = Oxford Circus. Walk down Reg.St about as far as Hamleys and turn right smile.gif

I'm getting quite excited about this one now - should be a reasonable sized and knowledgeable crowd. It's 2pm for a 2.30pm kickoff - and my talk will be at about 4.30ish

I'll have spent the morning in the Apple store just around the corner on Regents street generally lusting and salivating over their 30 inch display

Doug
djellison
Right - off to catch a train down there now - if any of you can make it, it'd be great to meet up and have a chat smile.gif

Doug
djellison
It went VERY well - I'd say about 80 in the auditorium and I've had requests to do a talk in York, and near the Watford Tunnel - and I will be doing a slightly more technical talk for teh BAA Instruments and Imaging Section in May (in Northampton)

smile.gif

Doug
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.