Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: T-85 flyby Adiri and the Huygen;s Landing Site
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Outer Solar System > Saturn > Cassini Huygens > Titan
titanicrivers
Been awhile since posting but T-85 did produce some nice images of Adiri and the Huygen's Landing Site (HLS). The WAC coverage was similar to T84 and is shown below. Again the T-8 SAR was used to pinpoint structures visible as lower resolution albedo changes in the WAC photos.
Cassini WAC camera also took images near the closest approach (1024 km) from the Titan surface but I couldn't clearly discern geography (? Kivu Lacus). Did anyone else have a go at it?
Click to view attachment
ngunn
Thanks for posting that. Would that be our clearest ISS view so far of the landing site? The 'Huygens island' seems to stand out pretty well.
I have just one small query, often thought in the past but never posted. Is there a way that I haven't found to make your overlays rock back and forth, or to manually backtrack to the starting image? If not, would it be possible to make them so they do? I'd find that very helpful.
titanicrivers
PIA06204 and VP’s ISS Titan Map of 2011 have some higher resolution views of the Huygen’s landing site although I’m not sure they are the highest res possible. Enhancing those images a bit, cropping and overlaying the corresponding portion of the T-8 SAR swath in a repeating loop (to toggle back and forth) is presented in the figure. The overlay is at only 50% opacity to help see the ISS-SAR relationships. The approximate landing site is shown near the Huygen’s island. Some bright ISS albedo patches seem to correspond to SAR evidence of an elevated edge or rough terrain, others not so.
Click to view attachment
ngunn
Excellent, thanks. A similar rocking comparison between that ISS and the latest one would be interesting too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.