Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rev 160 - Jan 16-Feb 9, 2012 - Titan T81
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Outer Solar System > Saturn > Cassini Huygens > Cassini's ongoing mission and raw images
ngunn
Looking Ahead: http://www.ciclops.org/view/7051/Rev160
elakdawalla
Ooh, Ontario Lacus imaging coming up. Cool. But nothing substantial other than Saturn and Titan -- not even any mutual events? Boo.

There is a search for Saturn nightside lighting at periapse. Does anybody know how often those searches actually turn up lightning?
volcanopele
We are slightly out of the ring plane this month, so it isn't that surprising that we don't have any mutual events.
jasedm
I'm a bit of an 'icy moon and rocks' chap myself, so I'm enjoying this period of being in/near the ringplane.
I'm really looking forward to rev's 163-166 (End of March to end of May) In this period we get three sub-80km Enceladus flybys, Tethys and Dione flybys at under 10,000km, a sub-2000km Methone flyby, a sub-65,000km Pan flyby, a sub-15,000km Telesto flyby, a sub-50,000km Pandora flyby, and various other interesting approaches, before a Titan encounter on 22/5/12 kicks us up out of the ringplane for a couple of years. Of course I don't know with the tightened budgets, how many of these flybys are planned for imaging, but if we get 50%, it will be an exciting time.

Jase

P.S. Incidentally, I can find no information or the approaches Cassini makes to Anthe over the next 5 years - anybody in the know care to share??? wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.