Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rev 147 - Apr 3-29, 2011 - Titan T75
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Outer Solar System > Saturn > Cassini Huygens > Cassini's ongoing mission and raw images
Floyd
Fantastic Kodak images of "a Rhea-Dione-Enceladus mutual event. The mutual event observation will be taken on April 25 and involves Enceladus and Dione passing first behind Rhea and then behind the dark limb of Saturn. Rhea will be 2.23 million kilometers (1.38 million miles) away from Cassini, while Dione and Enceladus will be 3.12 million kilometers (1.94 million miles) and 2.98 million kilometers (1.85 million miles) away, respectively." (Quote taken from looking ahead Rev 147)
Well, 33 images are down and what a fantastic set. Hopefully someone he can make an animation or at least rotate 90 degrees.
Astro0
Mutual event...animated smile.gif
Click to view attachment

Full version here. 2.12mb
eoincampbell
Beautiful animation Astro0, reminds me of... http://www.globerecording.com/virtualmixer/vm.html
Juramike
RGB composite of April 25, 2011 images. I actually used an LRGB composite with the CB2 layer as luminance and RGB[CB2,GRN, BL1]:

Click to view attachment

Making the moon (Rhea) line up was kinda tricky. I copied a small section of the moon and rings and shoved it all into alignment in the individual filter images using the CB2 layer as the base image.
Astro0
I took the images from the 'mutual event' of three moons noted here and put them together as a panorama...the final composition is just as a bit of fun.

I noticed that the rings to the far right seem to narrow quickly.
The thought came to mind is that they might be being shadowed by the planet.
Not sure about that, but the image is a nice one all the same smile.gif

Click to view attachment
ngunn
Every once in a while a single raw image particularly appeals to me though I can't explain why. Here's the latest one:
http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/multimedia/imag...8/W00067024.jpg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.