Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Create Your Own Anaglyphs With One Click!
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > MER > Opportunity
cassioli
With this program (http://www3.zero.ad.jp/esuto/stphmkr/index_e.htm) you can create your anaglyphs with one click!
Just load the left and right iamges, click on the anaglyph button, and that's it! biggrin.gif
You could even create COLOR anaglyph, if just color stero pairs were available... dry.gif Any idea about how to create the right-pancam truecolor images?

Happy imaging,
Luca
djellison
The filters are not in place to make colour anaglyphs with MER - unless you swop the colours in your glasses biggrin.gif

I dont rate any of the automated Anaglyph making programs. none of them do the subtle alligning of the images required - and few offer the different colours that I use on mine. I dont like to blow my own trumpet, but I've not seen anaglyphs as good as mine, apart from those by Dr Tim Parker with Pathfinder biggrin.gif

Doug
MizarKey
Doug, you are making the best anaglyphs I've seen so far, even better than www.marsunearthed.com, which has made some good ones. I like how your anaglyphs seem to have full depth of field. I've created quite a few using just Photoshop. Some come out pretty good but foreground objects suffer. I usually align objects that are about a third the way down from the top of the frame.

Do you use PTgui first to align the left/right frames or do you use it only to stitch Left/Left and Right/Right frames of adjoining images to make larger anaglyphs? I've yet to try PTgui but it looks like a cool program.

Any suggestions you have will be much appreciated.

Eric P / MizarKey
djellison
I make a panorama with the left eye grey scale using PTGui, then the same again using identical settings with the right eye images - and merge them in Photoshop afterwards - manually.

Doug
cassioli
QUOTE (djellison @ Mar 2 2004, 02:56 PM)
The filters are not in place to make colour anaglyphs with MER - unless you swop the colours in your glasses biggrin.gif

I dont rate any of the automated Anaglyph making programs. none of them do the subtle alligning of the images required - and few offer the different colours that I use on mine. I dont like to blow my own trumpet, but I've not seen anaglyphs as good as mine, apart from those by Dr Tim Parker with Pathfinder biggrin.gif

Doug

It is automated, but it is also manual: you can choose and tune the right and left color, you can change relative position of two images pixel by pixel, you can even rotate them, you can do anything! smile.gif And I am not so skillful in optics, so I can uderstand only a few features of that program: maybe an user with optical skills could appreciate the program more than me. I really think you should take a look at it.

Luca

P.S.
I just discovered the program does not work in WindowsNT, at least if you are not administrator; I don't know if it is a privilege problem, or a compatibility problem: I have NT into my office, where I am not administrator.
djellison
QUOTE (cassioli @ Mar 3 2004, 08:33 AM)
you can change relative position of two images pixel by pixel, you can even rotate them, you can do anything

Almost as many things as I can do in photoshop already tongue.gif

Doug
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.