Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 'Cassini Mission' Movie by Cabbas
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Outer Solar System > Saturn > Cassini Huygens > Cassini general discussion and science results
paxdan
I urge all forum members to check out this short video posted on Vimeo by Cabbas. via BoingBoing. This video collects many short movie sequences that have been shot, it makes my heart soar.

I particularly like the crud and lens flare, all real!
Explorer1
I just saw it on Phil Plait's blog; wow!

Was it made with just the raws or PDS data as well?
NickF
Wonderful. The Kubrickian font is a nice touch smile.gif
ngunn
I really like this. I'm suprised so few have posted comments. Cassini's views of the Saturnian system arrive in hectic fashion and they are so rich. I remember someone once referred to the 'Cassini fire-hose'. The movie captures this perfectly.
stevesliva
I like how the noise and dust on the optics becomes a sort of flourish.

Pretty sure the music is from The Social Network.
ZLD
This video is fantastic! Of all the sequences, the one that seemed to have the most impact on me was the long starfield sequence. Something about knowing where Cassini is and the slight tumbling of the images, seemed to pull me into the absolute desolation that is space; that mixed with the beautiful shots of Saturn and the satellites really felt like this should be from some space movie but knowing these shots are real adds further power to them. Just phenomenal.
floron
QUOTE (stevesliva @ Jun 2 2011, 05:43 PM) *
I like how the noise and dust on the optics becomes a sort of flourish.

Pretty sure the music is from The Social Network.

It's not actually from the soundtrack to The Social Network, but it was composed by the same guys.
JRA
What a great video. As a big fan of Nine Inch Nails and space exploration, this video is just perfect. I always thought some of the tracks from the "Ghosts" album would work well with space related imagery like this.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.