rlorenz
For British viewers, BBC4 this sunday at 10pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-13002218

Steve Slater is a pretty young filmmaker, but he's really trawled through the
archives to find good footage (the trailer on the site above has some
gorgeous slo-mo closeups from the cameras on the tower at the Cassini
launch. We did some shooting at the London Science museum a couple
of summers ago. Beyond that, I don't know how it has turned out, but
I think UMSF viewers will likely enjoy it.
mchan
The slow-motion images of the T4B lifting off the pad are amazing. I have not seen that footage before.
Sunspot
I remember an Open University program that was shown quite a few times late at night on BBC2 that followed the construction of the penetrometer
Stu
Just watched the repeat of this program. Easily one of the best science documentaries I've ever seen.

And you came across really well, Ralph. smile.gif
djellison
Great documentary, thoroughly enjoyed it. The only thing I found odd was that in an hour long program, we never actually saw the image from the surface...just the 3D estimated rendering inspires BY the image from the surface.

machi
It's now available on youtube. Very pleasant documentary.
"...and generally students are fairly cheap, I won't quite say slave labour, but nearly" (prof. J. Zarnecki). smile.gif
eoincampbell
Fantastic documentary for a wonderful story...
The maneuver to correct for the mismatched communication frequencies (3rd orbit release) : Awesome!
Belated congratulations to all concerned.
SFJCody
I thought it was excellent. However, I did wonder why there wasn't much about the loss of the Channel A data.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.