Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trying to Create a Rover Anaglyph Overlay
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Image Processing Techniques
CosmicRocker
I am hoping someone here can help me find a way to create a stereo pair of rover images that I can overlay into an anaglyph scene. In order to do it effectively I will need to be able to control the orientation of a rover model on the screen in order to create images that have the correct angular difference to match the depth in the scene I want to drop the rover into...if you know what I mean.

Can anyone help me solve this problem? I am sure there is commercial software that can do this if I can find a suitable 3D model, but I would like to do this without spending a lot of money on software. My first thought was to use MMB and its movie making functions to generate a stereo pair of rover images, but it really doesn't give me the kind of control I need over the rover orientation. I suspect something like Povray could do it, but I need something with a shallower learning curve than that.

Any ideas?
JohnVV
check out Blender .I think there is a plugin for that ,but i am not 100% sure .

CosmicRocker
Thanks for the tip, John. It looks like Blender can do the job, but now I need to find a digital model of a rover that I can open in the program. unsure.gif
DaveRM
There is a basic 3d model of the Mars Exploration Rover in the Google 3d Warehouse.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/det...amp;prevstart=0

The collada model does inport into Blender 2.56.

DaveM
CosmicRocker
Thanks very much, Dave. That was the last piece of the puzzle. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.