Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Global Lunar Conference
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Conferences and Broadcasts
Phil Stooke
The program for the Global Lunar Conference in Beijing is available:

http://www.iafastro.org/docs/2010/GLUC-fin...ramme_light.pdf

And there's lots of good stuff there in the talk titles... no abstracts yet, but hopefully we'll get more information soon.

Phil
Phil Stooke
Hmm, a bit of a bust so far. I hoped we would see abstracts at the very least. Will there be a Proceedings volume at some point? I hope so, there were lots of promising talks.

Phil
Phil Stooke
OK, a complete and utter bust. No accessible abstracts, no on-line presentations, proceedings on a DVD for attendees only (as I understand it). The conference might as well not have happened. This is how things were done in the Apollo days, and it seems the IAF haven't moved on. Contrast this with the International Planetary Probe Workshop - they just posted almost all of their presentations online. That's how you get a message out! One consolation - many of these presentations will be recycled at the NASA Lunar Science Forum in a few weeks, the LEAG meeting later this year, and at LPSC next year. So which meeting is going to get all the citations? Not the Global Lunar Conference, for sure.

Phil
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.