Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Color Tethys
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Outer Solar System > Saturn > Cassini Huygens > Cassini's ongoing mission and raw images
S_Walker
Decided to hunt down different views of Tethys recorded by Cassini in UV, G, and IR. Here are three previous passes. I have no idea which way is up, though I believe the right image is looking almost strait down the north pole.

Sean WalkerClick to view attachment
Phil Stooke
Yes, and the other two are looking at the south pole.

Phil
JohnVV
for "UV, G, and IR." to blue.green,red ( well RGB)
what percent's did you use ?
in the past i have found ( depending on WHAT UV and IR filter it used - near or far ) that i need to add aprox. 20 to 35 % of the green image into the UV and IR images

scalbers
Here is an RGB image mosaic that was taken Oct 28, 2004. This may help in adjusting IR/G/UV images. Perhaps a reduction in saturation of around 50% would work to convert the more enhanced looking ones?

http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/catalog/PIA06140
S_Walker
Thanks guys. Here's a revision with 20% of the green added to both UV and IR channels. Less saturation too.Click to view attachment the IR and UV amages are only near (UV3/IR3, I think).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.