Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DPS 41 2009
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Outer Solar System > Saturn > Cassini Huygens > Titan
titanicrivers
The avalanche of abstracts covering all aspects of Titan seemed to demand starting a new topic devoted to this upcoming meeting.
I have used this link to get to the meeting home page where various topic/author etc search of abstracts can be done.
http://www.abstractsonline.com/plan/start....08CED373A512%7D
One of my favorites is the following presentation:

Title Fluvial Erosion on Titan: Scales and Landform Modification
Author Block Jani Radebaugh1, V. Baker2, R. D. Lorenz3, T. G. Farr4, R. M. C. Lopes4, R. L. Kirk5, E. R. Stofan6, S. D. Wall4, C. D. Wood7, K. L. Mitchell4, J. I. Lunine2, M. Malaska8, P. Valora1, C. RADAR Team4
1Brigham Young University, 2University of Arizona, 3Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory, 4Jet Propulsion Laboratory, 5USGS Astrogeology Division, 6Proxemy Research, 7Wheeling Jesuit University, 8Scynexis.

The conclusion: "Given these observations, and the fact that channels were observed at very high resolution by Huygens, it is likely that much of the surface of Titan is highly dissected by fluvial erosion."

Ralph Lorenz had already envisioned back in the 'Erosion on Titan' topic, post #60 (July 29, 2008) that the 1% surface fluvial erosion figure published last year was preliminary and likely would be an underestimate and would soon be revised upwards as it appears to be in this paper.

Hmm ... Did I note correctly our Juramike had a role in this presentation as well?!!
Juramike
smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.