Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carolyn Porco Lectures Ireland July 3 and July 8
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Conferences and Broadcasts
Enceladus75
Professor Carolyn Porco, imaging team leader of the Cassini mission to Saturn, will be giving two public lectures in Ireland in July.

Professor Carolyn Porco, head of the imaging team on the Cassini Mission to Saturn and its moons, will give a series of public lectures in Ireland over the coming week. Prof. Porco will present images and the latest findings from this outstandingly successful mission, including last week's discovery of water on Saturn's moon Enceladus.
Booking is essential as places are limited. The lectures take place at the following locations and times: Friday July 3 - 8pm - Blackrock Castle Observatory, Blackrock, Co. Cork. Contact BCO on (021) 435 7917 or email info@bco.ie, Wednesday July 8 - 7:30pm - Armagh Planetarium. Contact Neil Cullen on (0044) 2837 512938, or email him at neil@armaghplanet.com.

I'm planning on going to the Armagh lecture on July 8th. I wonder if anyone else is planning to attend?
Phil Stooke
"Carolyn Porco Lectures Ireland"

Why? What's it done?

Phil
DDAVIS
Anyone going to Armagh, have a look at the fulldome show 'Invaders Of Mars' with my animations.

Don
Enceladus75
Just back from Armagh. Carolyn's presentation was superb - just as I had expected. smile.gif Easily the best presentation about planetary science that I have seen. The images wowed the crowd, especially some of the really high-res ring images and those of Enceladus. I even managed to ask her a question at the end, though I regretted not asking a more well thought out question in hindsight.

I was very impressed at the displays at Armagh - they are bang up to date if a little heavily skewed towards ESA missions and probes. I aslo saw the new show We Are Astronomers. It was fantastic. biggrin.gif
djellison
One thing I will say about Carolyn - she's an excellent speaker ( Google for her talks at TED and Google ).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.