Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Designing the Cassini Tour
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Outer Solar System > Saturn > Cassini Huygens > Cassini general discussion and science results
ngunn
A fascinating account has been posted on the Planetary Society blog:

http://www.planetary.org/blog/article/00001979/

I have one problem - I cannot view what promise to be really interesting movies within that post. I click to enlarge the image, but further attempts to click on the 'play' arrow only result in toggling between magnified and non-magnified versions of the still image. Can anyone advise?
Floyd
Only a screen shot was linked. I tried Googling "proximal_orbit_x1.mov" but got nothing. I also searched the Cassini and Ciclops sites. The movies are probably out there, just not linked properly in the blog.

[Edit] I sent the blog an e-mail asking them to fix links to movies.
alan
The movies may be in house only. Note it still says proposed mission extension.
ngunn
Well the captions in both cases seem to imply that the intention was to post complete movies. I remain optimistic that this will happen. Thanks, Floyd, for emailing them. (I didn't because when I can't make something work my first assumption is that it's just me.)
ngunn
Ah, I see that links to the animations have now been added. Unfortunately I can't open them from home, so I'll be at work punctually tomorrow.
Floyd
Home from work myself and just watched the moveis--really good, especially flying inside the rings. blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.