Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mode 3 particles or sensor illusion?
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Inner Solar System and the Sun > Venus
marsbug
When discussing venus a topic that often comes up is the presence of non spherical 'mode 3' particles in the clouds. One of the first hits that comes up on a search is this article, which suggests that the Mode 3 particles may be a sensor illusion. Has the existence/non existence of mode 3 particles been settled, and if not, are there any plans to investigate them further?
remcook
This is still an issue apparantly (see here - does this work for you?). People have been proposing new in situ mission for Venus for quite a while, without much luck so far.
marsbug
Yes that works fine thanks! There's clearly a lot still to learn from venus, I hope there's a ballon or aerobot mission going there sometime soon. Could a moderator or admin change the title of this thread to 'Mode 3 particles or sensor illusion? '. I only typed down radar because I'd been looking at Magellan radar maps of venus and my brain has a few wires loose wacko.gif ....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.