Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Python people ?
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Image Processing Techniques
vk3ukf
Hi, I recently discovered python,

I was wondering if anyone here dapples in the same?

It's just in case I get stuck, I'll know I have somewhere to look to, while I scratch my head.

jekbradbury
Yep...I've been a Pythoner for years and have never looked back smile.gif
vk3ukf
Hi jekbradbury, thanks for saying hi, I believe you too.

I want to try and wrangle some FITs py code into a Delphi GUI.

Ryan Balfanz
I have been writing all my code in Python for about a year now. Pre-Python I was a Fortran 90/95 coder and C/C++ when I had to be.

I am very glad I (somewhat reluctantly) made the switch. I don't think I'll ever look back. For those of you unaware of Python's abilities check out 'Python' by XKCD. Although it is meant to be comical it clearly illustrates the Python's power - mainly due to its large standard library. It is also worth noting that if its not in the standard library, someone somewhere has probably already written the code for you. Do a good search and you won't reinvent the wheel.

For more information relating to Python's standard library check out Doug Hellmann's Python Module of the Week. It is a fantastic resource for experienced Python developers or those just getting started.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.