Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Request for Clementine's launch photos
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Earth & Moon > Lunar Exploration
Guy Parry
Slightly OT, I know, but has anyone ever seen or heard of a hi-res close-up of Clementine's launch? There's a lousy one taken from a distance, which is easily findable via the Clementine wiki, but I would very much like to track down one taken by, for example, a pad camera such those which appear for Delta-2 and Atlas launches...
Tesheiner
Launch photos taken at the pad... Have you searched or asked at NSF? I'm pretty sure you'll find it there. It covers almost all manned/unmanned launches.

PS: No need to ressurect an (almost) two years old thread to post an OT request. Better do it on a new thread.

Moved.
Guy Parry
Two years old already? Yikes.
I will give NSF a try. If it weren't for fellow-Aussie Peter Hunter's herculean efforts over the years there would be literally hundreds that would never have been seen. He concentrated on Atlas and Delta/Thor launches, visiting Boeing and Grumman and lots of other companies chasing up prints sitting in filing cabinets and what-have-you. Unfortunately, I don't know of anybody who has made a similar effort to collect Titan shots, or Redstone, for that matter...
Art LeBrun
QUOTE (Guy Parry @ Mar 8 2009, 04:32 PM) *
Two years old already? Yikes.
I will give NSF a try. If it weren't for fellow-Aussie Peter Hunter's herculean efforts over the years there would be literally hundreds that would never have been seen. He concentrated on Atlas and Delta/Thor launches, visiting Boeing and Grumman and lots of other companies chasing up prints sitting in filing cabinets and what-have-you. Unfortunately, I don't know of anybody who has made a similar effort to collect Titan shots, or Redstone, for that matter...

You will be happy to learn that Peter has now embarked on a Titan CD - not as extensive as Atlas and Thor/Delta but still very welcomed. Several of us are scheming what his next assignment
should be...........
mcaplinger
QUOTE (Guy Parry @ Mar 8 2009, 04:32 PM) *
I will give NSF a try.

Since Clementine was launched from VAFB and wasn't a NASA or commercial launch you may have trouble, but best of luck.
Art LeBrun
QUOTE (mcaplinger @ Feb 14 2010, 07:53 PM) *
Since Clementine was launched from VAFB and wasn't a NASA or commercial launch you may have trouble, but best of luck.

Interestingly enough there are a good number of quality images of the other Titan 23Gs..............
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.