Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Start calling Pluto an asteroid...
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Chit Chat
Oersted

Ok, not very scientific, but quite funny!

A clear foray into a banned area, but a very funny one.
PhilCo126
Well, we still have to wait some 6 years before we'll finally see how PLUTO really looks like wink.gif
SFJCody
I guess there is such a thing as too much disposable income laugh.gif blink.gif
djellison
Very funny and all that but.....just a polite reminder.

- 1.9 Other banned subjects : Is Pluto a Planet? Conspiracy Theories. New Physics. Sci-Fi engineering. Anything that fits in the category of 'Pseudoscience'

ngunn
"A clear foray into a banned area, but a very funny one."

Doug, I know you're not a sci-fi fan but that does remind me of an immortal line from Jean-Luc Picard:

"There can be no justice when the law is absolute."
sci44
Poor Pluto, even banned from UMSF. sniff.

Well if 'asteroid time, Im going down the pub!
lyford
Perhaps this could legally reside in the Chit/Chat - Humor side of things instead of official Pluto business?
tedstryk
QUOTE (ngunn @ Jan 22 2009, 12:47 AM) *
"A clear foray into a banned area, but a very funny one."

ngunn, I wrote that line.
ElkGroveDan
QUOTE (lyford @ Jan 21 2009, 04:45 PM) *
Perhaps this could legally reside in the Chit/Chat - Humor side of things instead of official Pluto business?

Ummm.... look up.
djellison
QUOTE (sci44 @ Jan 21 2009, 11:59 PM) *
Poor Pluto, even banned from UMSF. sniff.

No. Not true. Pluto discussion is great. Is Pluto a Planet, however, is not. This thread is fine, but there are members who shall remain nameless who will take ANY opportunity to break that rule, and run with it.
ngunn
QUOTE (tedstryk @ Jan 22 2009, 12:58 AM) *
ngunn, I wrote that line.

Aah, then the enlightened philosophy of Starfleet could have entered the picture???
K-P
Bravo!

laugh.gif

Oersted
The image, btw, reminds me of this animated short of the end of the world... - with a lovely japanese voice-over.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STPvGUf_7nM
ilbasso
QUOTE (Oersted @ Jan 22 2009, 10:05 AM) *
The image, btw, reminds me of this animated short of the end of the world... - with a lovely japanese voice-over.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STPvGUf_7nM

Looks like the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion is the place to take your picnic lunch to watch the end of the world. Wear your SPF 40 sunblock and bring an asbestos overcoat!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.