Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cassini Science Plan 41
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Outer Solar System > Saturn
jmknapp
Haven't compiled one of these in a while, but here's web page showing the activities in the current Cassini Science Plan (S41):

Cassini Science Plan 41

The plan runs until about July 1. The data is simply read out of the SPICE event kernel files that Cassini folks provide to NAIF. Be sure to check "NO ASSOCIATED OBSERVATIONS" because paradoxically that's a category for a lot of one-off activities.
jasedm
Very interesting Joe - thank you very much.
I for one would be very interested in this sort of detail for some of the extended mission orbits (and I'm sure I'm not alone in that)
smile.gif
jasedm
I notice from the list in 'No Associated Observations' a 9-hour 'Rhea ring search' on 28th June - hope they find something!
jmknapp
QUOTE (jasedm @ Jun 25 2008, 11:42 AM) *
I for one would be very interested in this sort of detail for some of the extended mission orbits (and I'm sure I'm not alone in that)
smile.gif

As far as I can tell, there's no trajectory/pointing/science plan info posted to NAIF yet for the extended mission. I think they do so on a "just in time" basis or thereabouts, i.e., around July 1 when the current plan runs out.
Bjorn Jonsson
Big thanks - this is extremely useful, for example for 'reverse engineering' what's happening in some of the raw JPGs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.