Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RSS feed for Phoenix raw images
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Mars & Missions > Past and Future > Phoenix
Cargo Cult
(Hello, I'm new here - hope this warrants a new topic!)

After thoroughly enjoying watching the Phoenix landing from the comfort of #space on irc.freenode.net, I appear to have found a vast community of fellow space-geeks. Emboldened by some of the gadgets, web applications and whatnot that were being produced, I thought I'd channel my minor addiction for screen-scraping sites into RSS feeds by producing one for the Phoenix raw images page.

So, here it is: http://www.hylobatidae.org/misc/phoenix_v1.php

It's currently incredibly basic - it'll update at most every 30 minutes, and isn't providing any metadata for the images it links to. Some of the ideas I had for improvement include grabbing metadata (some of it for conversion into tags?), batching nearby images into larger articles (so instead of, say, fifty images listed as separate articles, have them in one big one) and things like that.

Any suggestions?

ElkGroveDan
QUOTE (Cargo Cult @ May 28 2008, 03:18 PM) *
Any suggestions?

Perhaps you might substitute "enthusiasts" for "geeks."
Cargo Cult
... A single post in, and I've already inadvertently insulted everyone. Sorry!

Gladstoner
GuyMac
Nicely done; thanks!
TheChemist
If your first post was insulting to 5% of UMSF, you managed to insult the remaining 95% in your second by putting their geekness into doubt...
Well done ....
smile.gif smile.gif

Just joking, welcome to mars.gif !
CosmicRocker
Now, you people have confused me. Can't I be an enthusiast and a geek at the same time? laugh.gif

Nice work, Cargo Cult. Your tool is now at the top of my Google home page. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.