Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Planetary Society page still under attack?
Unmanned Spaceflight.com > EVA > Chit Chat
MizarKey
I've been trying for the last hour to get to Emily's blogs from last night but keep getting an error page. I tried going to the http://www.planetary.org/home/ page and it loaded but with some SQL error. It took many minutes to load also (I'm on a DSL connection so it shouldn't take minutes).

UMSF is loading fast and fine! The Phoenix sites are loading fast too, no problem getting images. Just seems to be TPS.
brellis
Emily, and the rest of the TPS folks are such nice, helpful, informative people. Why would anyone attack them?

I'm normally a total pacifist, but if I get my hands on whoever is doing the attacking, I'll get medieval on them! mad.gif
volcanopele
I have a new broadsword you can use for said purpose.
Bjorn Jonsson
QUOTE (volcanopele @ May 26 2008, 08:56 PM) *
I have a new broadsword you can use for said purpose.

A one way ticket for the attackers to Io landing in Tvashtar would be a nice punishment too wink.gif.
nprev
Gimmie an address, and I'll go buy an F-16 or an A-10 pilot a few beers, one who's got a live-fire training mission coming up with a couple of 500-lbs. bombs under the wing... mad.gif

God, what is wrong with these people?!
MizarKey
Ok, seems like it's back up now. I guess there will always be weasles who have nothing better to do than cause trouble.
mhoward
I'm sure offers of military assistance are appreciated, but it might be even more effective to send a little financial love their way, if you can. I just renewed my membership and added a little extra donation, their website makes it very easy. Now I think I'll send them an email letting them know the reason for my extra support is because of Emily's above-and-beyond reporting and also A.J.S. Rayl's wonderful Mars coverage. (Note to somebody: Might be nice if there was a place for a note on the renewal form.)

I'm sure Emily is too proper to solicit donations here, but as I'm unaffiliated to anyone I have no such restrictions... rolleyes.gif
ElkGroveDan
As soon as we find out who it is and where, its obvious we can whip together a posse on short notice on any continent. This isn't funny and I'm in the mood for an *ss whoopin'.

Thu
It seems that the site is still under attack now, I couldn't access to the home page nor the blog.
elakdawalla
It seems we're back up again, but I don't know for how long.

Thanks, mhoward. I'm not too proud to hold my hand out, but I try not to do it very often for fear of becoming as annoying as PBS with their incessant pledge drives. But, since you opened the topic, I will mention here that almost all of our operating budget comes from member dues and donations.

Edit: Knew I shouldn't have posted that. We're back down again.

--Emily
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.